cutting out

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyman

Reaction score
hello after some help have a max that packed in not charging !!! have sortted that with a new reg/rec so brill sortted charging fine no probs
but have a runnning problem now the bike starts fine revs fine when warmed up idle fine but when you do say 2 miles starts to backfire and if you hold it then it will just die shut off and the bloody thing will idle and when you stop it will rev but soon as you get going again same thing things have tryed so far
new plugs and caps
cleaned carbs float level checked
pick up checked (was low so rewind done )
coils checked ok (be unlucky 4 more than one to go )
ecu sent away and checked (fine )
fuel pump swapped of something else
the bike has only 10000 miles on clock and had 100 when i got it but this is a pain running out of things to try any help please

:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

Welcome to the forum!

It sounds like maybe your fuel vent hose is blocked, creating a vacuum in the tank that stops the juice going through. Also check the vent hoses that come up either side of the airbox under the faux-tank cover, again making sure they are clear of debris and routed correctly.

Hope this helps..

CHECK ALL OF YOUR GROUND CONNECTIONS , REMOVE THEM & SCUFF THEM UP & REINSTALL ! ... THEN UNPLUG EVEY CONNECTION THAT YOU CAN FIND , LOOK IN BOTH ENDS FOR CORROSION , OR MAYBE JUST A BAD CONNECTION , FIX IF FOUND & PLUG THEM ALL BACK TOGETHER ! ... :confused2:

Not 100% sure on this answer, because somethings are left out in your description of symptoms but, it maybe your kick stand switch cutting out.

You say when you stop the bike and rev it, it's ok, but are you putting in neutral when you do this or leave it in gear? Depending on answer, tis switch maybe the problem.

Mike

well the weather is picking up no ice snow so here we go again as this is diving me nuts here goes new reg/rec as was not charging so that works great and all the earths are fine.starts fine warms up fine ride it and can do about 2 miles and holding back missing gerrrr the loss of power and shut off and it will coast at idle and then pick up again so sounds like fuel ! so change pump same cleaned carbs same by pass side stand switch same replaced pick up same tryed a slave tank same checked kill switch working fine ,replaced plugs and caps same and now have a dyna 3000 ecu and still the bloody same but now if you warm her up at say 4000 rpm u can hear and feel it missing though the exhaust so going down the loom next to c if i can find out there and checked the coils with a meter and ok and be very unluck 4 more than one 2 go at the same time this is getting the better of me now any idears welcome gettin to be a bit of a money pit

Welcome to the forum!

It sounds like maybe your fuel vent hose is blocked, creating a vacuum in the tank that stops the juice going through. Also check the vent hoses that come up either side of the airbox under the faux-tank cover, again making sure they are clear of debris and routed correctly.

Hope this helps..

I didn't see if you said you checked the fuel vent. Def a major suspect!

have replaced fuel filter checked the vent on tank and the pipe to it even ran the bike with no filler cap on it and put a dumy tank on it so its gravity feed (no pump) it most be something that warms up as when you frist set of its ok then its starts and then shut off give say 10 2 20 seconds and away u go gain then it get shortter and when hot tho you can hold it at 4 and feel and hear it poping if fuel would just think it would die but just poping and when under load just gives up could do with some coils to try but can,t see it been them and 4 to die to gether !!!!
so going though the loom again who knows my have missed some thing ta for idears

Back