Cybermax headlight

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dodgy link matey - it comes up with a search page results..

And there are no less than FOUR Gen2 Maxes on fleabay right now! Crazy times..

I love my Cybermax,

With the headlight and scoops it's a completely different looking bike, and gaurenteed to make the majority of those who see it say "what the fuck is that"

Don't be afraid to order from Exactrep, I had mine in 5 days to Texas.......

But the light output isn't even as good as stock without doing some mods, which I did......

I love my Cybermax,

With the headlight and scoops it's a completely different looking bike, and gaurenteed to make the majority of those who see it say "what the fuck is that"

But the light output isn't even as good as stock without doing some mods, which I did......

I've been debating for the last couple of months about getting one and painting it black. Up here light isn't a factor in the summertime. heh, darth vadermax :biglaugh:

But I want a new tail section first. Your bike does look sweet Rusty. if I could come up with a blacked out hybrid of yours and Jim's bike with the eye popping of Lee's, I know I'll be happy!

I love my Cybermax,

I am curently bidding on the 1 on Ebay,...what (mod's) did you do ?...relay,...HID harness ,...?

just to let you know. We had one of these a few years back and the lighting sucks to say the least. If you don't plan on riding at night then you'll get by with it.

Sean

Are you guys nuts?? whay pay more than new??

A brand new aluminum one is only 240.00 british pounds which is 302.00 USD.

Am I missing something?? are they discontinued?

I bid to $350.,.....it went for $415,....really would like to get one of these eventually.
Next time...

just to let you know. We had one of these a few years back and the lighting sucks to say the least. If you don't plan on riding at night then you'll get by with it.

Sean

Yea , broke my heart when I read that ,..still lookin for alternative replacement .
The one Davidon was sportin in another thread looks kewl,.."shiver" i think he called it.

I'll take you up on that mnmax,...It'll have to wait tho,..seat and swing arm from Morley"s place and maybe rear shocks to get outta the way first ,..not to mention mirrors from Mario and my own personal project on the go ,..(if that works out , I'll post the pic's for sure),.....too many oars in the water at the moment,..but keep me in mind for later bud.,...very interested.
Is there a place that has a web site I can check this out on?

Last edited:
I'll take you up on that mnmax,...It'll have to wait tho,..seat and swing arm from Morley"s place

While your at it, don't forget to add a "for her" option in the pillion seat :biglaugh:
http://www.viberider.com

I put one on mine last summer, thier reaction is priceless when you first turn it on. Word of advice.... don't turn it on unexpectedly while bike is in motion! she tends to jump or stand up causing steering problems.

Go to www.exactrep.com

I'll take you up on that mnmax,...It'll have to wait tho,..seat and swing arm from Morley"s place and maybe rear shocks to get outta the way first ,..not to mention mirrors from Mario and my own personal project on the go ,..(if that works out , I'll post the pic's for sure),.....too many oars in the water at the moment,..but keep me in mind for later bud.,...very interested.
Is there a place that has a web site I can check this out on?

The polished alum. one I bought direct from Exactrep cost me around $430 usd, i don't remember what the exchange rate was then but it was around 2 years ago.

The prices on Exactrep are/where british pounds and not euros if that's in question

I am curently bidding on the 1 on Ebay,...what (mod's) did you do ?...relay,...HID harness ,...?

What I have is an individual circuit straight from the battery fused at 30 amps, it goes thru a cutoff switch on the plastic by the steering neck and then feeds a relay that powers the the headlights, both of them at the same time.

That relay is turned on and off by the high beam switch, so putting it in high beam turns both of them on, which is how I run 100% of the time. They are wired in parrallel, the two white wires from the light modules are hooked together and go to the "load" side of the relay, the other side of each bulb is a common ground connection throught the metal bulb housing.

This set up makes sure I'm getting the best power possible to the lights without any voltage drops, I soldered all the connections after splicing them or in the case of the relay using spade connectors.

I also ran a ground wire from the bulb housings to a common ground point rather than using the mounting points and steering neck, bearings etc as a ground path....

In order to get more light out of them I changed the bulbs out from 55 watts to 100 watts each,...

These are coomon H3 or H4 bulbs available at any auto parts store, although the 100 watt bulbs are sometimes hard but not impossible to find...

They are quartz bulbs and run really hot, make sure they are extremely clean before assembling them or they will break due to thermal shock even from skin oil alone.....

The original exactrep setup uses a diode between the two bulbs to prevent back feeding the second bulb when it's on low beam, this is needed because the exactrep lights use a ground reference for the bulb that's part of the headlight module and it's impossible to get rid of this reference due to how they are made,

An ordinary high beam low beam setup isn't like that.......

In the original configuration the way exactrep sold it the diode failed and I couldn't find another one like it because it's a huge hockey puck looking diode due to the power requirements.......

In order to have a low beam to be able to pass inspection I added a second switch on the neck to interrupt power to the second light right before it gets to the light but after the connection from the relay that turns them both on.....

It sounds complicated but really isn't that bad.

I'm a pretty decent electrician and for the life of me couldn't figure out how to get the factory high beam low beam switch to do this job without using several relays or a 30 amp relay with multiple contacts in it including some normally closed ones which is also very hard to find....

If someone wants to really see how I did this, and actually needs it, I can draw it out and scan and post it, I was going to do a quick one in paint but I can't even find that program on my computer, do they still put them on pc's these days....

I will say that even with all this trouble I went to the light output is no where near as good as stock as far as the pattern it throws on the road.
The light modules exactrep is using are basically small driving lights with a very short focal distance between the bulb and the thick convex lens, ......

They DO create extremely bright pinpoints of light that will for sure be seen by other drivers even in the daytime, they just don't throw a good pattern on the road.

With 2 100 watt bulbs I have experienced no problems with my electrical system, and it makes a solid 13.2-13.4 volts even at idle, but then again my electrical system is in tip top shape, a poor elect system may not be able to handle this...

Rusty

Thx loads for this info Rusty,..if it wouldn't be too much trouble I wouldn't mind a rough wiring layout. I'm not an Elec., I'm Millrat (Millwright), but still used to reading schematics.

Latest posts

Back