CYCLE ONE OFF Clear Engine Covers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VmaxingPauly

Reaction score
Hey All - Would like to see some pics of your engine both sides please with the black covers if at all possible. I was on the website and just a tad unclear about the black being used. It looks like a matte black - thinking of doing the whole set of 4 and I own a 05 and would like it to match - gloss black is out and I am not into polished or chrome. Also no info on core return - I have a extra set of the 05 that are in good condition. Any info/pictures would be greatly appreciated.
Paul

Call me obtuse, I'm not sure what your question is. Do you just want matte black side covers? Have just considered sending out your covers for powdercoating?
I thought the 2005 was matte black already with slate grey valve covers. Check out thread "Adventures in Powdercoating" on this Forum. There are some talented guys here that may be able to help you out with just what your looking for.

Pat - I like the clear see through - but what I am asking is the black (if any one knows) a matte or a satin black like used. Like the color of the engine is which Yamaha used to paint the engine say on the 05 model. Gloss black will clash with the motor color I have. The website is un-clear about it. Plus I have a core set for a 05 - It's just shy of a grand for all the black covers - does Tom rebate back for a core - exchange??

It's just shy of a grand for all the black covers - does Tom rebate back for a core - exchange??

He might, I'd drop him an email or phone call.
Sean's covers are about $630 for the set w/core. I don't know what they are w/o the core. Options like engraving and lighting are extra.

Tom's a nice guy, but he's a one-man-band, so don't be in a huge rush when dealing with him. The oil pressure kit I got from him was very nice though.

Back