Cycle One-Off... Good? Bad?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hijacker

Reaction score
Hey guys, trying to get an idea of how Cycle One-Off is as a company, customer service, etc.

Ordered a shift-light from them on 12/17/2012, they received the payment, I have an order confirmation. But have never received the shift light.

They won't respond to emails and never answer the phone number that is on their website: 866-358-5296. :bang head:

I thought that they were a reputable company to deal with. :confused2:
Anybody had any experience with them, or know another way I can contact them? I just want my shift light!

Hmm, Tom does excellant work with the CNC and other stuff (He built Jim's bike Toxiic). He does take a while to get stuff shipped out as he's a one man show. I can't vouch for why he's not answering emails or phone; keep trying is the only advice I can offer.

I ordered from them and it took 2 1/2 weekes for the part to get here. The part is as advertized and there was not problems except for the very long shipping time.

SOOOOO Hang in there, they sure are not Amazon, but it will get there and it will be OK.

BTW- let me know how the shift light works out- I have one on my list before summer.

He's reputable, does really nice work, but is a one man shop who could probably use some clerical help. Good heart and well meaning so if your having problems its cause of inefficiency and not cause he's out to screw you

His name is Tom.

585-865-5209 is the number I had for him and haven't had problems getting him to answer in the past.

Ok, thanks for the responses. That makes me feel a lot better. Slow shipping is fine as long as it does get shipped. I'm probably spoiled by sites like Amazon and the big-guns in the industry that ship same day.

I'll be patient. It would just help if he'd respond to an email or answer the phone. I'll try the number Rusty posted.

He sets unrealistic deadlines that can't possibly be met, which usually leads to problems. He's an honest enough guy and does decent work....if he could get a little closer to actual with his production promises it would be nicer dealing with him.

hang in there. i order a shift light for my brother for his birthday, 3/16/12. It was shipped on 3/31/12. there wasn't 2 holidays in the middle of that either.

He sets unrealistic deadlines that can't possibly be met, which usually leads to problems. He's an honest enough guy and does decent work....if he could get a little closer to actual with his production promises it would be nicer dealing with him.

+1

I couldn't have said it better myself. Really. :biglaugh:

Hey guys, trying to get an idea of how Cycle One-Off is as a company, customer service, etc.

Ordered a shift-light from them on 12/17/2012, they received the payment, I have an order confirmation. But have never received the shift light.

They won't respond to emails and never answer the phone number that is on their website: 866-358-5296. :bang head:

I thought that they were a reputable company to deal with. :confused2:
Anybody had any experience with them, or know another way I can contact them? I just want my shift light!

Just spoke with Tom today... took a couple tries to reach him. Ordered some exhaust tips for my Gen2 that he had on sale. (got an extra discount being a VMOA member too :biglaugh: ) Asked Tom if he had any in stock, he said he was getting them in in two days and he wouldn't charge my card till they arrived. That was fine for me.

Nice guy to talk / deal with for the first time. Learned he has a 2012 Gen2 also! Now I really like him !! :rofl_200:

UPDATE: order placed on the 8th, received the order on the 12th. FANTASTIC ... and the exhaust tips look beautiful too !! I will definately order from Tom / Cycle One-off again. Thanks Tom.

Last edited:
I agree his shipping is a little slower than most would expect, but i realise he is a one man gang i ordered from him before also, and have always been very satisfied when the parts got to me just hang in there i'am sure he's gonna do you rite.

Well, guess I should chime in here. Tom does excellent work of very high quality. As Redbone said Toxic is pretty much a COO creation (except the engine which is PCW and some Morley Muscle parts too). Had lunch with Tom last week and know he was really busy over the holidays. I will also agree with Dan-o in that Tom does on occasion, ok more than occasionally, set deadlines that he can't make. It is really a matter of how backed up he is at the moment with orders. I know that we had some delays when he was converting Toxic to chain drive, but once I saw what was required I understood why there had been delays. Some of these projects take up an inordinate amount of time to accomplish. One thing I will tell folks when I talk about COO is that he doesn't keep a lot of inventory so he makes each part when ordered so that can cause some lag time as he can only make one part at a time in the CNC machine. All in all he is a great guy and will get the parts made and delivered for sure.

I ordered through their website and it took a couple of weeks to get the stuff. Nice stuff though. He sells on ebay too. Maybe he ships faster through ebay. Either way I like their stuff and would order from them again.

Hi Guys,

I sent Tom a email about the shift light. I'm trying a new email and phone service company that I was hoping would make it a little easier. But I'm concerned that I am not getting the emails. The web site host has changed hands so I'm a bit worried. Can some of you send me test emails today? I want to see if I'm getting them as a lot of you know its the best way to get me. The email is [email protected]
New toll free number is 1-866-358-5296 it a automated system which goes to my land line or cell.
Regards
Tom
Cycle One-off Inc.
P.O. Box 15415
Rochester, NY 14615
Order by phone 1-866-358-5296
[email protected]
www.cycleoneoff.com

Awesome! Thanks for the response Tom!
I knew from what I'd heard of the reputation of Cycle One-Off that it probably had something to do with holidays or whatever. I didn't realize you were also a 1-man operation, I'm sure it is difficult to keep your head above water some days.

Looking forward to receiving the shift-light. And since my VMax is partially torn apart for some maintenance it is really no big deal anyway.

Thanks!

By the way, for those that know my name is Chad, the shift light was ordered for me as a collective Christmas gift from my employees. The guy who placed the order is named Tom. A great bunch of people I work with to buy goodies for my Max!

I had a pretty similar experience when I ordered the oil pressure kit. It took quite a while to receive it....probably the better part of a month. After 2 weeks I tried calling/emailing. I never got him on the phone but a few days later he did respond to an email, saying the actual gauges he had were defective and leaking, and he was waiting for a new/improved shipment to come in so he could send me one of the better ones. OK, no objection, though a quick email or something saying that would have been appreciated. A couple weeks later after I received and installed it he did send me another email asking how everything fit and was working. He does care, but he's a one man band and I get the idea he spreads himself too thin and can't keep up. The kit was top notch though.

I'm pretty sure we'll see some faster shipments and communications from Tom in the future. A little birdy informed me that Tom has made some improvemnets recently, but I don't want to steal his thunder, but it sounds great!:punk:

Just wanted to post an UPDATE to this topic....

I placed an order for some Gen2 exhaust tips from Tom / Cycle One-off on Jan 8th, received the order today on Jan 12th. FANTASTIC . This was my first time doing business with Cycle One-off. During the order process, Tom told me he was currently out of the tips, but was expecting some additional ones in the next two days. With that, I wasn't expecting anything til next week sometime. Nice surprise in the mail today !! The four items were individually wrapped very well with bubble wrap in the box. And they look beautiful too !! :punk:

I will definately order from Tom / Cycle One-off again. Thanks Tom.

Just wanted to post an UPDATE to this topic....

I placed an order for some Gen2 exhaust tips from Tom / Cycle One-off on Jan 8th, received the order today on Jan 12th. FANTASTIC . This was my first time doing business with Cycle One-off. During the order process, Tom told me he was currently out of the tips, but was expecting some additional ones in the next two days. With that, I wasn't expecting anything til next week sometime. Nice surprise in the mail today !! The four items were individually wrapped very well with bubble wrap in the box. And they look beautiful too !! :punk:

I will definately order from Tom / Cycle One-off again. Thanks Tom.
Don't tease us Jeff, you know what we want, and we want it NOW!:biglaugh:
I had Tom make some custom parts up for me, just bling, so we have been emailing back and forth about his situation and even did a couple communication tests.
I had the chance to meet Tom back in '10 while picking up Toxic for Jim, nice guy and it was hard for him to let his creation go! We unloaded it from his truck and onto Jim's trailer, then once we had it secured he took several pictures. Nice to meet the man behind the CNC which has turned out some sweet parts for Redbone too!

Just to let everyone know, the shift light showed up Saturday the 12th.

:eusa_dance:

Back