Cycle one off rim instalation

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travolous

Reaction score
So, I got one of the cycle one off 17" rear wheels and notched/braced swingarms. The website says to have a certified yamaha mechanic install it, is that truly neccessary or is that just verbiage to cover himself from people screwing it up themselves?

I would assume it to cover himself. How would a Haha dealer know exactly how to install an aftermarket swing arm and wheel? Lol not saying they don't know but. Its to save there butt. If your not very mechanically inclined I would recommend having someone else do it tho

So, I got one of the cycle one off 17" rear wheels and notched/braced swingarms. The website says to have a certified yamaha mechanic install it, is that truly neccessary or is that just verbiage to cover himself from people screwing it up themselves?

I'd look for a Vmax savey friend to help you out if possible. CYA issue for sure.
Steve

how do you remove the factory rim plate that contains the hub and gear which mates to the diff gear?

I can't figure out what goes between the brake caliper bracket and the side of the rim at the axle location. The cycle one off rim is recessed at the rotor but the factory wheel is not, so it seams as if there should be a spacer to fill that recessed space. I left Tom a voicemail, but I'm ready to finish this up!

There is a spacer in the OEM wheel that sits up against the roller bearing on the brake side. You need to remove that from your OEM wheel and use it with the COO wheel. It typically stays in place on the OEM wheel because there is a oil seal that holds it in place. There is no oil seal on the COO wheel to hold the spacer in place. Notice that there is a ridge on one side of the spacer, it faces the bearing.

On another note, some of COO's wheels use only the OEM spacer, some use the OEM spacer PLUS another one. Whenever you put it all together it should be pretty obvious it you need one or two based on the space between the caliper bracket and the bearing.

There is a spacer in the OEM wheel that sits up against the roller bearing on the brake side. You need to remove that from your OEM wheel and use it with the COO wheel. It typically stays in place on the OEM wheel because there is a oil seal that holds it in place. There is no oil seal on the COO wheel to hold the spacer in place. Notice that there is a ridge on one side of the spacer, it faces the bearing.

On another note, some of COO's wheels use only the OEM spacer, some use the OEM spacer PLUS another one. Whenever you put it all together it should be pretty obvious it you need one or two based on the space between the caliper bracket and the bearing.

That was correct, I got that all together. Just finished, started it, and evidently I didn't get the drive shaft into the yoke correctly because it didn't sound good when I put it in gear. I guess I will take off the pumpkin and try to get it in? I really hate to take all this crap back off if that's what's needed...

Back