Cycle Trader - Smelled A Rat

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rollie

Reaction score
I clicked on to Cycle Trader 2 weeks ago after seeing some ads. I have a rare red '87 Kaw ZL1000 Eliminator that has a trashed crank in it's transplanted ZRX1200R motor. Since I'm looking for original , but have a Frankenstein motor I thought I would scroll the site for both models. I come across a ZRX for $800. and think maybe there's a motor available. I looked at the pic. and said WHOA ! It's a complete bike with lots of extra tasteful mods , so I contact the seller. A divorced female who doesn't ride and got the bike in a divorce settlement. No address for the bike's location , but she's in FL., visiting and staying at her Mom's house so she couldn't be at the bike's location , but won something from a shipper and would ship to me free , after receiving the money through e-bay motors. I smelled a rat and started demanding that I see and test the bike , check out the title via e-mail, etc. " She " sent back the exact e-mail listing what I needed to do in order to buy the bike. Back & forth a couple times with the same response from " her ". I finally said I was going to turn " her " in to Cycle Trader as a scammer and I haven't heard anything back. " Her " post was removed , but I don't know if " she " did it or CT did.
Buyer beware. If the deal looks too good to be true , it probably is !

Attachments

• Kawasaki ZRX1200R '01   10.jpg
    Kawasaki ZRX1200R '01 10.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 18
Craigslist is 75% scammers in my area. You can tell just by looking at the ad. They list something for 25% of market value and paste an email address in the photo.

Agreed. Common Scam. I have been using Facebook Marketplace with far better results since it's harder to be a scammer on there.

I've seen many of them on Cycle Trader, buyer beware. Divorced, widows, and service members. First clue is a beautiful, rarely seen bike. 2nd clue is the price. Report to CT.

Agreed. Common Scam. I have been using Facebook Marketplace with far better results since it's harder to be a scammer on there.

Apparently, I am one of them. I tried to put up a couple 7.3L Ford Powerstroke trucks and immediately got booted from marketplace. No idea why and, they won't reply to any of my inquiries.

If marketplace is farcebook, I doubt they would like a manly truck, especially a diesel. Try something like a Tesla or a bicycle, maybe an e-bike.
LOL... sad but true... and yes it is Facebook.

Here is a CL scam that I tested with a disposable email. I even tempted him with a fake offer of $2500 to close the deal that day. He responded and said his sister was driving the truck, she would get in touch:
6atzPQz.jpg

2ZzEn5E.jpg

Back