Cylinder head question?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VmaxB-Rad

Reaction score
Hi all, quick question. I see used cylinder heads sold as “front, or rear” but I haven’t found any difference in the heads, they appear to be identical once stripped of all parts. Is there any reason one or the other need to be in a specific position?

Yes, the tensioner holes are machined out for the appropriate head. So, it's machined out on the intake side of the front and the exhaust side of the rear. You may be able to machine openings up to swap them around and I have seen heads mounted backwards for someone doing a turbo but not sure they ever actually got it to function.

Yes, the tensioner holes are machined out for the appropriate head. So, it's machined out on the intake side of the front and the exhaust side of the rear. You may be able to machine openings up to swap them around and I have seen heads mounted backwards for someone doing a turbo but not sure they ever actually got it to function.
Gotcha, I see that now lol.

I have no need to swap was just curious as I overlooked the tensioner openings and everything else is the same.

Latest posts

Back