cylinder sleeves

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a question to machine shop owner.
why do you replace them? Are walls worn out or you found scratches or something else?

Hey guys, I am swapping out the sleeves on my '86 . does the sleeve have to be taller than the deck height? I am concerned about the head gasket sealing properly. thanks for any info on this . wayne b
Think about it. If the cylinder sticks up above the deck how on earth will you ever get proper torque to the head?

Here's the underside of the heads:

1627127905273.png

All surfaces should be perfectly flat.

Also, get the Cometic Head Gasket kit from Morley's Muscle.

https://www.morleysmuscle.com/product/cometic-head-gaskets-stock-bore/

Think about it. If the cylinder sticks up above the deck how on earth will you ever get proper torque to the head?

Here's the underside of the heads:

View attachment 78493

All surfaces should be perfectly flat.

Also, get the Cometic Head Gasket kit from Morley's Muscle.

https://www.morleysmuscle.com/product/cometic-head-gaskets-stock-bore/
It looks like one cylinder didn't work, possibly gasket was leaking and owner was adding water, rusty valves. Also other 3 cylinders have rusty spots between coolant elongated holes. Water was rusting gasket. the bike was not started for a long time. It looks like Parminio is a smart guy if he was fixing the bike. :)

The picture is off of Ebay. It's a used set of heads for sale.

It was used to show the flat surface of the heads, nothing more.

But congratulations on making a false assumption with no basis in reality yet again.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ mods

Could we please be freed from this troll?
I need to stop trying to help people, who cannot read manual.
There are about 10 lines, describing synchronizing of carbs. Try reading 1 line /day. You can do it! I believe in you! :)

Last edited:
It would be helpful a) If you quoted the post that has offended you and b) file a Report give the details of your complaint.
The Mods aren't mind readers and should not be asked to guess with whom or what your gripe is.
What you miss is that they've gone through deleting posts or parts of posts without ever saying anything. That's why it's very confusing at this point.

Last edited:
What you miss is that they've gone through deleting posts or parts of posts without ever saying anything. That's why it's very confusing at this point.

I stand by my original comment but agree that if a post is modified then the o.p. should be notified and the reason given.
I had a quick look but couldn't see any posting guidelines or inf. on Moderating protocol.

I've been a Moderator elsewhere and the protocol we adopt is that we are reactive, i.e. normally only acted when a Report was raised.
The Reporter should identify the post in question and be specific about why they are making the Report.
Mods should remember that it is the members forum and personal opinions should not influence decisions...even if the person under consideration is a certified plonker.
Where posts are Reported the complainant is advised of the outcome and if the post is to be modified the o.p. is asked to do this. If they refuse then action may be taken unilaterally.

The exception to this is where the o.p. has crossed a line and posted material that would generally be considered offensive or breaks Forum posting guidelines.

At my place, I leave behind a message that the post was edited and why and exactly when. There is no guesswork as to what was edited. Ever. It typically looks like this:

Post edited 7/30/2021 by Gomez Adams - reason: remove insulting language.

Edit to add: I've only had to do that twice. Normally my edits are to fix someone's image or video they linked improperly.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back