Dale Walker headers no longer available

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fmcandrew

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Dale Walker and it appears he has sold his last set of headers for the 85-07 Vmax. They are now discontinued. Figured I'd share this...

Yea, progress is slowing but still people wanting these. I did get one of his very rare hindle 4-2 conversions he used to sell many years ago. Besides this one I have only ever seen one before.

I'm glad I picked up his original pure 4 to 1 setup last year. Its really sweet!!! :punk:

picture.php

His early systems were rebadged Hindles but the later stuff was all made specifically for him.

Yeah...I'm now kinda glad I have them knowing they will become more rare over time...just like the 85 pressed "Vmax" side covers I have...at least I think those are rare????

I have a 4-2 full system I brought brand-new from him back in 2007. Beautiful stuff...I had the headers Jet Hot coated. Killer system, and I had Mr. Morley trim down the cans by 3 inches as well. Sounds effin' GREAT!

Elimax

That's too bad they are discontinued. My 4 into 2 system has been great over the years. Sounds great and has been flawless. I wonder if he's got a new plan for the older bikes in the works or has given up and moved on to newer style max's?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It's too bad HMF quit too....those sounded and looked awesome.

That's too bad they are discontinued. My 4 into 2 system has been great over the years. Sounds great and has been flawless. I wonder if he's got a new plan for the older bikes in the works or has given up and moved on to newer style max's?

i have to imagine at a certain point its not profitable to make parts for a bike that has been discontinued ya know?

Must be the demand went down enough to say the hell with it.....

Well...understanding business as I do and hearing what Dale was saying...it was simply a matter of economics. He sources the fab work out which means he lays out cash for inventory. If it takes 2+ years to turn that inventory you're tying up a lot of cash that could be put to use elsewhere. Bottom line, not enough turnover to justify tying up the cash in inventory. Good business decision on his part, just kinda sucks for those of us whom liked the product...

Latest posts

Back