Dale Walker slip ons

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bro.betterley

Reaction score
Is there anybody out there that knows anything about holeshot slip ons for the vmax. Is there any hp gain over stock, or are they just simply sound and looks?

Welcome!

Sound, and weight. They aren't produced anymore.

Personally I think the Supertrapps have the best sound for a slip-on.

Chris

Kerker slip-ons sound good also but are MUCH more expensive than Supertrapps. They are available in chrome which doesn't discolor like stainless steel.

Not that I am aware of. Cobra's are POS when it comes to power. Full headers are the best of course.

Supers are pretty good on power and I've heard them compared to the Kerker and they sound worlds better IMO. Not sure why...

I like the sound of the Supertrapps, but it's too much noise for me. I haven't noticed any change in power though, and I'm running quite a few disks (7 or 9 I think).

Don't really wanna go back to the 3-ton OEM items though, so wondered if anyone had some Jardine slip-on lying around they wanna get rid of?

Happy to buy, or swap for Supertrapps - either way..

I had a set of Jardines (Dales old slip-ons) on my previous Max. They aren't real loud. I had stock carbs except Dales shims (one per needle), K&N filter and I removed the "Y". Bike ran great. I have Kerker slip-ons on my current Max with everything else stock. It runs great also but have no way of knowing if one was faster than the other. They are louder but do sound better than the Jardines. I don't like loud pipes either but the stock sound is really dull...

Latest posts

Back