Quantcast

DAM Mega Max vs Akrapovic???

Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

1badmax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really like the DAM set up and sound. I am a chrome guy so I like the looks of the polished cans. Black cans are DAM. I priced out the entire system with their X pipe and heat shields and they were in the $2800 range. Sounded like about a 10% discount will come off that. Not that I can't spend that now just got my 16 about 6 weeks ago kind of wanting to go step by step. Think I will probably go with Akra mid pipe(stock cans), MAB, DD and Tim's flash.

Mr. Max

Reaction score
With Akras you get superior material, a LOT less weight and hell, they are Akras! If they were good enough for Yamaha, they are good enough for me. Weight was biggest thing that put me off from DAM, plus the fact that it costs more than Akras.. Why? R&D??
I had to adjust rear suspension few cliks softer after I installed Akras.. Just my 2 cents.

Itgoes

Reaction score
Hey guys reading your thread, I am buying my dads 2020 that is the matte black. I love the look of the stock cans but definitely have to get rid of the cat. Trying to think of the best way to go, whether I keep stock mufflers and get the akro cat delete and have it powder coated black or another mid pipe of some sort. Are the stock mufflers very restrictive? Or would I be better off with the full system like the DAM system you guys are talking about. I have to keep the black look. Thanks!
Look here!: Baffle removal

1badmax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just dropped bike off at the shop to get the Akrapovic mid pipe installed. Hoping they get to it sooner than later, they told me a couple of weeks ago that it would be at least a month. They took directly into the shop so hopefully they will be calling in a couple of days and have it ready. I did the MAB with K&N and also the DD in the clutch so as soon I get it back the ECU will be going straight to Tim.:D

Latest posts