DAM Mega Max vs Akrapovic???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went the same route as guruaid Max and I am very happy also and my exhaust only cost me $450 delivered for a brand-new system.

Meet Tim Nash today Very glad I did very nice guy. Brought down my ecu with me while on weeks vacation in Florida. My 2019 has zero miles on it and I all ready got the ecu reflashed. Tim said he herd the Dam exhaust setup I have and he really liked the sound said I will be very happy with that exhaust.

The DAM cans will mount to an Akrapovic midpipe as well, so that is another route to consider.

I really like the look of the MegaMax, I have the Akrapovic and it looks good too. I like having something different so the DAM appeals to me because I've never actually seen one on a bike in the states. I also think the 4 cans instead of 2 is cool and more in keeping with Yamahas original design obviously.

As far as performance there is not a ton of difference between the 4-2-2's, but the Akra is a known performer. The only exhaust that has a significant delta in power is the Hindle 4-2-1.

Here are a couple of photos of a friends bike with a DAM exhaust he just installed. It will look killer IMO on the black bike and it just looks like a real quality piece as well.

View attachment 70891 View attachment 70892

Damn ... those pictures ruined my pants ... How do I explain this to my wife?

I am trying to locate a set of DAMS for mine. Does anyone have connections or some for sale? Or how much they tend to run?
Thank you. Email me at [email protected]

After a search, it appears online that the akra mid-pipe is compatible with 2009-2016 no mention of 2018. Does anyone know if there are any changes in the 2018 model?
There are absolutely no changes with the 09-20 Vmax. From the exhaust to the valves etc.

any update with the Dam Exhaust Pricing?

i have the optional sound damper that came with the akrapovic, which other ones do you guys mean ?

The DAM cans will mount to an Akrapovic midpipe as well, so that is another route to consider.

I really like the look of the MegaMax, I have the Akrapovic and it looks good too. I like having something different so the DAM appeals to me because I've never actually seen one on a bike in the states. I also think the 4 cans instead of 2 is cool and more in keeping with Yamahas original design obviously.

As far as performance there is not a ton of difference between the 4-2-2's, but the Akra is a known performer. The only exhaust that has a significant delta in power is the Hindle 4-2-1.

Here are a couple of photos of a friends bike with a DAM exhaust he just installed. It will look killer IMO on the black bike and it just looks like a real quality piece as well.

View attachment 70891 View attachment 70892
Hey man, what exhaust are your running? Just saw a pix of your bike on a jack thread and they almost have the stock look having 4 outs but I am not sure if it was DAM or not. Only had my 16 about three weeks now and wanting to get the ECU flashed, open up the airbox not the TT now but the simple knocking the three pegs off and putting a K&N in there. Also I want to do away with the catalytic converter and go with a midpipe. I emailed Tim about flashing the ECU the the other options I just mentioned and his suggestion was Akro or VooDoo mid pipe to stay with stock pipes, open the airbox(MAB) and DD clutch work. But if I am going to pay $750 for a mid-pipe I may just do a whole exhaust system??? What are your thoughts and how about the DD clutch compared to a new Barnett set up? Thanks for your time.

You contact Dam direct for pricing. He will give you a better price than is listed on site.
Thinking about going the DAM route. Your post states to contact him direct and get a better price than the website. May I ask who is him and how do I contact him. Thanks!

Thinking about going the DAM route. Your post states to contact him direct and get a better price than the website. May I ask who is him and how do I contact him. Thanks!
Cant remember his name all you have to do is go on Dam website click on contact ask your questions and tell him your country and shipping info he will get back to you with a price.

Emailed DAM to see where they are pricewise. I am a chrome or polished guy and really like the MegaMax Polished Four cans. DAM

This is one of the best looking and sounding exhausts for gen 2 in my opinion. Price point is another story.

This is one of the best looking and sounding exhausts for gen 2 in my opinion. Price point is another story.
When i was looking for my exhaust up here in Canada the full Akro exhaust was the same price as the Dam megamax exhaust. I have herd the full Akro set up it does sound nice but it is not as deep or full sounding as the Dam mega max.

Hey guys reading your thread, I am buying my dads 2020 that is the matte black. I love the look of the stock cans but definitely have to get rid of the cat. Trying to think of the best way to go, whether I keep stock mufflers and get the akro cat delete and have it powder coated black or another mid pipe of some sort. Are the stock mufflers very restrictive? Or would I be better off with the full system like the DAM system you guys are talking about. I have to keep the black look. Thanks!

Back