DAM Mega Max vs Akrapovic???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dam mid pipe is a work of art this is what makes the Dam system cost that bit more

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 37
Here's one a friend makes

Attachments

• MP_front_view_web.jpg
    MP_front_view_web.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 42
  • MP_top_view_web.jpg
    MP_top_view_web.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 39
Meet Tim Nash today Very glad I did very nice guy. Brought down my ecu with me while on weeks vacation in Florida. My 2019 has zero miles on it and I all ready got the ecu reflashed. Tim said he herd the Dam exhaust setup I have and he really liked the sound said I will be very happy with that exhaust.
Hey any pics of the DAM exhaust on your bike. mine is on order. Should be done in a week or so. I’ve been waiting 4 weeks already. It’s at paint now so it should be here soon. I went with the grey lettering on the can. How do you like it so far?

Hey any pics of the DAM exhaust on your bike. mine is on order. Should be done in a week or so. I’ve been waiting 4 weeks already. It’s at paint now so it should be here soon. I went with the grey lettering on the can. How do you like it so far?
You will love that exhaust.

If you go to page three you will see pictures of my exhaust. I love the sound of the exhaust and get lots of compliments from other bikes that ride behind me on how it sounds.I traded bikes for a bit with a friend and was behind my bike as well and I even told my self Dam that sounds nice. The sound is deep like a big block V8 even at high rpm does not scream in your ears. Also the four black end caps have changed colour a bit to a purplish colour probably because they are anodized black and I really like the colour they have turned. I paid extra had the whole mid pipe black ceramic coated cuts down on the heat transfer.

If you go to page three you will see pictures of my exhaust. I love the sound of the exhaust and get lots of compliments from other bikes that ride behind me on how it sounds.I traded bikes for a bit with a friend and was behind my bike as well and I even told my self Dam that sounds nice. The sound is deep like a big block V8 even at high rpm does not scream in your ears. Also the four black end caps have changed colour a bit to a purplish colour probably because they are anodized black and I really like the colour they have turned. I paid extra had the whole mid pipe black ceramic coated cuts down on the heat transfer.
Akbash, Did you have the baffles install? I had it without them a few weeks, but it was way to loud for me.

Akbash, Did you have the baffles install? I had it without them a few weeks, but it was way to loud for me.
They do come with them but I never installed them yet. I wear a shoei RF1200 full face helmet and it does not seem too loud for me. I also have a Sena installed on my helmet and listen to music all the time and talk with my friend on his bike

They do come with them but I never installed them yet. I wear a shoei RF1200 full face helmet and it does not seem too loud for me. I also have a Sena installed on my helmet and listen to music all the time and talk with my friend on his bike.Did you ever fix your plastic inner fender on your bike from tank install
I cutted and plastic welded the side... lol

Yeah I saw them after a posted my reply. Looks awesome

Thanks Mark for posting those pictures of my Dam exhaust. I have a 2019 i wanted a all blacked out exhaust. I was the first one in Canada to have his mega max exhaust shipped here. Reason I choose the Dam exhaust was like Mark said to have something different than other Vmax owners up here in Canada. I also liked the look of the dual cans on each side and they were offered in Black ceramic finish. Dam also offers the ceramic coated shield cover that covers the connection from cans to x pipe giving it a nice clean look. The first guy to start this thread got this set up and he sent me a video of it that sold me we have the same color bikes. Another reason I got this set up from Dam was the sound its real deep and has a unique sound to it.I really am happy with the sound it’s what I wanted.
The fit and quality and customer service is A+. Here is the weights of stock exhaust and the Dam Mega Max set up I weighed them on a high quality floor scale.
Stock cat 20.82 pounds vs Dam X pipe 5.62 pounds
One stock can with heat shield 5.48 pounds vs one dual side Mega max 7.40 pounds
Can u share a pic for it on the bike , m having the same colour

Does anyone know if theres any performance gains using the Dam De cat with the extra pipework compared to the akrapovic straight through, I'm looking at doing mine, like the looks of dam's twin silencers, Would prefer the lightness of the akrapovic de cat, but will the dam de cat give me more power ?!..

Does anyone know if theres any performance gains using the Dam De cat with the extra pipework compared to the akrapovic straight through, I'm looking at doing mine, like the looks of dam's twin silencers, Would prefer the lightness of the akrapovic de cat, but will the dam de cat give me more power ?!..
I’m not sure exactly but I doubt it’s anything you’ll notice. My Dam exhaust felt light to me. I never felt the Akra’s though. But looks and sound Dam hands down.

i Emailed Dam, Who say there De cat link pipe makes more Torque in the middle, Which sounds about right, What with more pipe causing more back pressure. i'm Definately going for there megamax Twin cans, just undecided which de cat link to use, Thought someone may have tried both.

Back