Damn battery location!!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98jpvmax

Reaction score
pretty annoyed today finally drove my Max to work today " or tried to" so anyway ive put on 200-300 miles on this summer flawless, this morning bike fires right up like usual drove 40 miles stopped put gas in went to fire it up and click click click!!!:bang head: no tools no nothing , so the bolt on seat is pretty frustrating on something like this cause im pretty sure or hoping its maybe just a loose connection battery has never indicated anything before:ummm:

My battery is actually at the battery shop charging because they said it still holds a charge, but was not fully charged.

Once you know how to get to it, it gets easier, but yes. Not the most convenient place to have the battery.

My battery is actually at the battery shop charging because they said it still holds a charge, but was not fully charged.

Once you know how to get to it, it gets easier, but yes. Not the most convenient place to have the battery.

I haven't bolted my seat down in a long while. ( just saying )

It's been years since I bolted a seat down. The latch holds it just fine.

lol I dont bolt mine either, just the crap (thing I cant remember the name of) above the battery

No bolts makes it easier to remove an aftermarket seat, & easier refueling if you have a Corbin.

Just bump start it, I have done it many times in the past, bad battery, bad rectifier, and bad starter. I am on my fourth Vmax with total miles over 100,000 so it has happened a few times.

I've had my VMax for two years now. I took the bolts off the front seat after about 3 months. They ride in the tool pouch now. The seat stays on just fine. Do the following in order until it's fixed:

1. Get a Battery Tender 021-0123 Battery Tender Junior 12V Battery Charger $22.81. Put the fused ring terminal on the battery and run it so the socket can be accessed by flipping up the seat.

2. Fix the crimp (search it on the forum).

3. Get a new rectifier (also referred to on the forum as "r/r").

You may need to do more, but probably not.

Had many issues before, so I replaced the bolts with Allen types (all the same) and I used to carry the matching Allen key... but since I fixed my electrical (coils, R/R) I never opened it again...
I did look for a set of bolt I could unscrew quickly and manually but I gave up lol

Odyssey PC680 battery is the way to go, drop in replacement, no trickle charging and no worries. I've had it for 2 years, sat through 2 winters and cranks the bike strong everytime. Even fixed my hot start issues!

So neither the 10m bolts or the two phillips screws dont need to be in for the seat to stay? i checked the battery its at 12volts at the soleniod i think its called right above the coil packs?

I don't have any screws or bolts in mine. The center section of the seat latches down and holds it in place.

when I swapped my seat for the corbin, I did not place the screws in. I also had to replace my wet battery, I swapped up to the bigger battery cutting my battery box to make it fit.

Yes, we have a thread showing the procedure as well as on FB

Sean

Odyssey PC680 battery is the way to go, drop in replacement, no trickle charging and no worries. I've had it for 2 years, sat through 2 winters and cranks the bike strong everytime. Even fixed my hot start issues!

x2 And add pigtail charging leads and route the plug to the fuel fill area.

My PC680 is well over 5 years old.. Never a glitch..

Back