damn leaking oil pan

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kozy

Reaction score
I put the engine back in the bike yesterday and got everything put back together. It finally looks like a Vmax again! Put new oil in it, and I'll be damned if it's not leaking from the oil pan. I put a new gasket on it, and all the allen screws were tightened to spec as per the Clymer's manual.

How do I stop the leak? Can I double up on the gaskets?
I definitely do NOT want to resort to Permatex.....whoever had the water pump cover off last used Permatex to re-seal it and it was a BIATCH for me to get off.

u sure its leaking? i know tim (cop runner) had his off and it looke dlike it was leaking but once he let the oil pan dry out a bit it was just residual.

Oh it's FOR SURE leaking. I wiped it off with a towel and watched it dribble out from where the oil pan meets the block. Definitely not residual oil.
I've got a tube of Yamabond left over from when I put the case halves back together. I might drain the oil tonight and try that. I want to get this damned thing back out on the road ASAP!!!!!

oh jeeze yea. well i've never had my oil pan off so take these guys advice bro

Back