Damn you guys.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigrubbers4x4

Reaction score
Ha Ha Ha, because of you guys all sharing so much knowledge and having such nice Vmaxes, you have rekindled my lust for my max. i have done more to my max in the last 2 months after joining this forum than i have done since i bought it. Thanks for that. after doing the mods i just did to it the other day i went downstairs and started polishing my scoops again. i havent polished them in about 2 years or more. even having this bum thumb i cant seem to drag myself away from doing something to the max. my wife is gonna either hate me or be happy i'm doing something to it since i havent touched it in a year and half. i blame it all on you guys!!:rofl_200:thanks guys, this is the best vmax forum on the planet!!! :punk::clapping:

Ha Ha Ha, because of you guys all sharing so much knowledge and having such nice Vmaxes, you have rekindled my lust for my max. i have done more to my max in the last 2 months after joining this forum than i have done since i bought it. Thanks for that. after doing the mods i just did to it the other day i went downstairs and started polishing my scoops again. i havent polished them in about 2 years or more. even having this bum thumb i cant seem to drag myself away from doing something to the max. my wife is gonna either hate me or be happy i'm doing something to it since i havent touched it in a year and half. i blame it all on you guys!!:rofl_200:thanks guys, this is the best vmax forum on the planet!!! :punk::clapping:
I'm sure she will be happy, with a name like bigrubbers I'm sure she can use a break :rofl_200: Just kidding, glad you enjoy the site as much as we do.

+1....We aren't driving this train, we're along for the ride just like you!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:
One big fast Vmax train, the carriage windows are down and our heads are sticking out, tongues flapping in the breeze like big 'ol happy dogs!
biglaugh.gif

dog window.jpg
Doesn't he look happy!

heres what i got started so far on the scoops. no money right now to chrome so polish it is...

Attachments

• 100_7178.jpg
    100_7178.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 100_7183.jpg
    100_7183.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 100_7180.jpg
    100_7180.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 100_7181.jpg
    100_7181.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 24
Cool, I did a set that I polished the top of and left the black powder coat or whatever it is on the bottom... Polishing is Good....

Looks good, bet your hand is aching by now! I polish mine as well every winter, not gonna chrome 'em so I'll just keep on buffing them up. I need to pick up a scotch brite pad to cut through the wax and dullness.

Happy to see that your max is getting the attention that it deserves!

This site is addictive/informative and that is a good thing.

Mike

haha I don't blame ya man. I just dropped $1000 on my max in just the past two days.

I been bit by the mod monkey hard!

He will be pleased once its all installed on my max.....I hope :rofl_200:

Polishing is GOOD! Some guys here prefer it to chrome. By the way, if anyone is interested in a professionally fully polished set of stock rims around $400 no exchange, I know of a set.
My motto has always been, "I can afford sweat equity". When you show up at Thunder, all the other Maxers will be checking out your ride with a critical eye and will notice all your hard work and everything that makes your bike as individual as a fingerprint! You'll come away proud of your ride and you should feel proud of yourself! Just remember, my bike is nicer than your bike! Hence, the monkey lives on....

Polishing is GOOD! Some guys here prefer it to chrome. By the way, if anyone is interested in a professionally fully polished set of stock rims around $400 no exchange, I know of a set.
My motto has always been, "I can afford sweat equity". When you show up at Thunder, all the other Maxers will be checking out your ride with a critical eye and will notice all your hard work and everything that makes your bike as individual as a fingerprint! You'll come away proud of your ride and you should feel proud of yourself! Just remember, my bike is nicer than your bike! Hence, the monkey lives on....
Them polished wheels are nice to. I have thought about getting them a few times.

haha I don't blame ya man. I just dropped $1000 on my max in just the past two days.

I been bit by the mod monkey hard!

He will be pleased once its all installed on my max.....I hope :rofl_200:

if your mod monkey is anything like mine, once you start modding your max he will be standing over you with a whip
fighting0013.gif
to make you do more and more and more to it.....lol. once you start you just cant stop.

I can relate to what you're saying big rubbers. Since I got my Max in November and joined this site I'm always tinkering around in the garage doing something to the Max. This is a great site and I've learned so much about what mods need to be done to make my bike even better.Thanks to all!My other bike has a lot of billet alum. and I've been using this product for the last couple of years. Everyone has their on preference on what works and I've used a lot of different metal polishes but none that I like better than this stuff.
http://www.baddogpolish.com/

Mike

Latest posts

Back