VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FolkStyle

Reaction score
I have been scratching my head on this one, I ordered Race Tech emulators for my 07 VMAX. After I disassemble, I found the damping rod inner seat was 26 mm and the emulator was 29 mm. I have contacted Race Tech and my local yamaha dealer. No one can figure out why my damping rods are incorrect. My tubes measure to the correct 43 mm as well. I guess the previous owner could have done some work, but I don't think the would change damping rods. Would my suspension work at all if the incorrect damping rods were installed? Any thoughts?

I wonder if those damping rods are from the 85-92 version? Those only had 40 mm forks on them instead of the 43 mm forks like the 93-07 versions.

That is exactly what I needed! I need to fabricate the adapter to install. Thanks for the help Steve!

Well thats what I get for guessing. Glad that you got the info that you were after.

Thanks Midnight.

MaxMidnight clears-up another VMax conundrum, "good on-ya, mate!"

flying2.png

Captain Midnight in action, when not solving VMax fitment issues. Loyal companion, Ichabod "Icky" Mudd, ready to take the controls as needed.

Help..i changed the stock springs with Wirth progressive.. In lenghth is the same as the spring and plastic spacer..so i couldnt install the spacer..
It works ok but is there something wrong..
I am thinking of getting Racetech emulators, but the guys there send me an email saying that, i will have issues with the lenghth... Any advise???

Help..i changed the stock springs with Wirth progressive.. In lenghth is the same as the spring and plastic spacer..so i couldnt install the spacer..
It works ok but is there something wrong..
I am thinking of getting Racetech emulators, but the guys there send me an email saying that, i will have issues with the lenghth... Any advise???

The spacer HAS TO be installed.

Check out this video. This is how to rebuild the forks, but talks about progressive springs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKKdbwMQ5fY&t=

As Mr Traumahawk suggests, a spacer will most likely be necessary.

Without the spacer I suspect that you will have too much static sag, i.e. the suspension settles too far when a load (the un-sprung parts of the bike and rider etc.) is placed on the spring.

This explains how to sort it.

Back