Dania Beach FL vintage show Jan. 26, '13

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
3I13J43o05Ic5Kc5H7cb913b7e915927e1114.jpg

This is a great show, run by an old friend of mine (the city park it's held-in is named after her family), her husband is the organizer. They get all-kinds of bikes. Lots of stuff you may not see elsewhere.

It took a long time to load these 3 pics & I am out of patience, but there are plenty of American, Japanese and British vintage iron at this. Easy parking, and they usually have a hot rod car show adjacent to the bike show. Easy access from I-95. It has always been free admission in the past. Located about a mile south of the Ft. Lauderdale International Airport. They get vendors there too, selling new & used parts & accessories. There is a rock & blues band for entertainment, beer sales are on-site, but a Publix supermarket & a Winn-Dixie are across the street. Both have delis, and there are plenty of nearby places to eat. Convenient restrooms & plenty of shade trees.

Attachments

• 1-30-11 AMCA Dania 020.jpg
    1-30-11 AMCA Dania 020.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 1-30-11 AMCA Dania 012.jpg
    1-30-11 AMCA Dania 012.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 1-30-11 AMCA Dania 038.jpg
    1-30-11 AMCA Dania 038.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 1-30-11 AMCA Dania 043.jpg
    1-30-11 AMCA Dania 043.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
This is getting closer! Easy access from I-95 & Ft Lauderdale International Airport, (FLL) plenty of places to eat, and they have 3 pigs they are barbequeing after selling-out of 1 quickly last year, beer & wine served on-premises, free parking, and hundreds of bikes on exhibit, w/probably thousands of bike-riding attendees. It's about a mile & 1/2 to the Atlantic Ocean. Plenty of reasonable nearby lodging if you are coming a ways, and about 10 minutes away is one of the world's larges museums devoted to a single manufacturer, Packard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GF-HpoJl_aY

http://www.antiquecarmuseum.org/

Ya gotta come see this show if you're within a couple hours, it's got a great variety, and they usually have a hot rod show not-associated w/it across the street, also has been free. Be there or be square!

A reminder-if you're a fan of a great variety of the history of the motorcycle and you want to see everything from English, to American, to Japanese, to German, and from all-different decades, this is a great show to attend. There are a fair # of competition bikes including vintage flattrackers and road racing bikes. Bikes for sale, project bikes, accessories, you-name-it!

Also, about two miles away is Competition Cycle Center, 1001 Old Griffin Rd, Dania Beach, FL 33004 which is worth a stop either coming or going, probably one of the largest clothing & accessories stores you've ever-seen. Parts too!
http://www.compcyclecenter.com/
This shot is about 10% of their floor space:
734863_10151229033292997_1624096714_n.jpg

They have vintage parts too.

9 am & beautiful, cool, sunny weather, it's gonna be a spectacular day for this charity event! I am expecting to head over about noon or a bit later. If you are in south FL, this is gonna be a lot of fun, a great variety of bikes & it includes vendor space. There are more than a couple people who clear-out their garages and don't intend to bring any of it home. See you there.

Back