• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dark Amethyst body work

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCVmax

Reaction score
Hey all. I've been searching high and low for Dark Amethyst body work, haven't had any luck yet. I don't even need the full set, just one good piece that has enough "clean" paint that I can get it matched down at the paint shop. That's the color I want my bike but if it ain't the toughest color to find.... haha.

Thanks!

That's one of the colors they used in 1985, if memory serves me.. You do know that the red ones were faster, don't you?

You could always get some from Color-Rite, a small amount, have that painted, and have your shop match it.

I just looked on their website, it was a 1985 color but the only one they show is a red. I believe the color was 'dark amethyst' as you posted.

The color code from Yamaha for Dark Amethyst is "00KW," and the abbreviation is, (appropriately) "DA."

I may be getting in the "nines" bike which has a body set with that color?

I parted out an 85 a while back, its a dark blue/purple color. If thats the beast you need then im fairly certain I still have a rear fender. Ill be home from work early next week and happy to check. Let me know via PM if I can help. Also there is a body paint shop here.that scans colors and perfectly matched a Lexus color for me, If the scan data would help or you need a paint chip, or a whole part let me know. The paint condition is fair/poor so I would have no objection to sending a chip along.

You could always get some from Color-Rite, a small amount, have that painted, and have your shop match it.

I just looked on their website, it was a 1985 color but the only one they show is a red. I believe the color was 'dark amethyst' as you posted.

The color code from Yamaha for Dark Amethyst is "00KW," and the abbreviation is, (appropriately) "DA."

Yeah, colorrite is no help. I've had a buddy that works at a paint shop look up that code in their computer and it came back with no result.

I may be getting in the "nines" bike which has a body set with that color?

If it does, and I haven't found any by then, I'd definitely be interested in getting it scanned? I don't actually need the body, I just need to get it scanned somewhere so I can buy the mix.

Casey, I'll shoot you a PM.

I've got a local oreilly's that has a paint department with a scanner I think. Just have to remind me? I am guess at least a month before it's here (or more).

No picture ? I’m not up on my paint codes. I cant even rember the colors by year and what color valve color went with which ! Old sucks !

Not rubbing it in but I got a complete set after a long search. No use to post pics, that does you no good.

Truest color is obviously under fork brace.
Off a 1985 undergoing custom build someone else started. Not a low number VIN. All paint is salvageable on this one with color cut and buff. I think the pros call that color correction. I think that term is misleading. Correct color was already there, they just being it back to its best !

If that is the color everybody is suggesting that the nine’s bike was, and the notion is that my 86 is that color, then what’s pictured just above by PATMAX is nothing like what I have. Mine has much more red in it. I’ll post up a good shot later today when I get back to the house, but the one above is way bluer than what I have.

Back