Darn it man.... stupid ebay.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Just bought a swing arm so I can brace it LOL.

$65 shipped.

LOL, stop me guys come on, your not being much help here!

I ll have this bike almost 100% built exactly the way I want in in less then three months if I stay at this pace haha:confused2:

Now I have to order some chrome moly so I can build me a brace and spools and then a rear stand for it......

Taking off the center stand, its constantly hitting my leg at the track and on the street, so thats my excuse for having to buy another swing arm.... need to have a way to get the rear tire off the ground safely, so I might as well build a braced swing arm:biglaugh:

Todd

lol....

So you bought a swingarm, for $65....?

Damn. I need to hang out on e-bay more.

lol....

So you bought a swingarm, for $65....?

Damn. I need to hang out on e-bay more.

Pinwall Cycle has a few of them $39.95 and $22 shipping, so actually a little less then $65. I picked the best looking one, though it really didn't matter since I am going to notch, brace and then powder coat it.

For some reason I see Vmax parts and fabricating becoming a side business of my main business lol.

Todd

PS here is another they have for sale $40 plus shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-V-Ma...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb7cbb69b&vxp=mtr

Pinwall Cycle has a few of them $39.95 and $22 shipping, so actually a little less then $65. I picked the best looking one, though it really didn't matter since I am going to notch, brace and then powder coat it.

For some reason I see Vmax parts and fabricating becoming a side business of my main business lol.

Todd

PS here is another they have for sale $40 plus shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-V-Ma...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eb7cbb69b&vxp=mtr

don't take this the wrong way, you are much more capable that I. just be careful when you're bracing/notching it:

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=14694

don't take this the wrong way, you are much more capable that I. just be careful when you're bracing/notching it:

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=14694

I will fixture it to a table or make a jig, since I have the feeling I ll be doing more then one.

I also tig weld, I see alot of arms out there that are mig welded. Not to say mig is bad, but Tig you control the heat ALOT more precise then you can with a mig. I can make my welds smaller and strong with a tig then a mig and have less heat and warpage ( read metal changes ) as well.

1107080644405_imageeditor_24_headers.jpg

Yes I have built some crazy shit in the past...... unfortunately alot of it I can't talk about or show pictures....:whistlin: something to do with confidentiality papers.

Todd

Now I'm trying to guess if that's a Honda motor set up for a turbo.

1107080610338_imageeditor_24_intake_3.jpg

One more picture and thats probably all I really want to post.

2.4 4 cylinders setup to run with fly by wire throttles, hooked to a crazy bell housing. Basically setup to run one motor and when more throttle was applied the second motor would kick in and jump to speed. The head was turned 180, cams specially ground in reverse yada yada yada..... project never saw the light of day for production, though it did make it over to Europe for testing. Heard it did quite well. I got to drive the 1.9 duals and it was interesting.

It was interesting fun that project.....

Todd

Pinwall is in Ohio, so they are really close to me as far as shipping. But I would rather support the board members here.

I made a small list of things I need. But its getting smaller by the hour today lol.

Todd

I have 6-7 of them laying around I will sell for the same price as Pinwall.

I was kinda shocked at how much a difference in price there was compared to a 3" stretch and brace.

Then I thought of the time it takes to make sure ever thing is right... and the fact if I am going to go 100+ mph then i want quality lol.

I will fixture it to a table or make a jig, since I have the feeling I ll be doing more then one.

I also tig weld, I see alot of arms out there that are mig welded. Not to say mig is bad, but Tig you control the heat ALOT more precise then you can with a mig. I can make my welds smaller and strong with a tig then a mig and have less heat and warpage ( read metal changes ) as well.

Yes I have built some crazy shit in the past...... unfortunately alot of it I can't talk about or show pictures....:whistlin: something to do with confidentiality papers.

Todd

i hear ya. i don't wonder if the swingarm issues i had were due to a not 100% alligned swingarm from the factory. sean made it right tho, 110%, but whats weird is it only showed up on specific rim too (probably new tight bearing).

We do tig weld all our arms. Even with that and tight fit up the arms do move around.

We do tig weld all our arms. Even with that and tight fit up the arms do move around.

That's good to know. I ll make sure really watch what i am doing with the heat. Might have to alternate areas to control heat better.

I ll take measurements before and after and post them up after I am done.

Thanks
Todd

Exactly, run a weld down one side then do the other arm. Then the second side of the first weld and so on. Walk it into place. Weld the final areas and then put it in the jig to bend everything back to nominal (the hardest part most of the time). Check out our Muscle Swingarms on FB if you want to get an idea what we do. I like the double tube arm we did a few years back but it sucked. We like the 1x2 box tubing we use now. It's heavier but it's also extremely strong and looks like it belongs on the bike.

Sean

Latest posts

Back