Darth Vader,Power Rangers,Helmets & Gear.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Happy days are back.Spring has sprung and I get my new (used) Vmax today:eusa_dance:.This is my second Vmax as I bought an 85 back in 1990.

So what do you like as far as helmets,leather coats & pants and boots.What do you guys like as far as a general look on the Vmax?I'm 67 and I sure don't want to look like Darth Vader or a Power Ranger.I'm not sure if the Harley tough guy would look right but I do like the half shell helmet for around town:hippy biker:.I plan to have 2 or 3 helmets.

I'm an old drag racer and I have owned some 8 second cars.I'm not big on handling as far as wipping through turns and stuff.I sorta like the mask idea and may get a hard face sheild and a couple of bandannas.

What do you guys like when it's too hot for leathers?Do you think the plastic armor is needed for my style of riding?

Thanks

Congrats on the new Max!

Haha - someone told me I looked like Darth Vader on my Max the other day..which I don't mind in the slightest :D

I have a retro racing style leather collar-less jacket covered in funny and vintage oil and engine product patches, airplane patches, old yamaha and honda patches, and a vmaxforum.net patch - I love it. Full face HJC helmet with blacked out visor. I don't love chaps so I picked up some kevlar jeans - they are comfortable and more my style, but not much of a wind break. I have the Icon Elsinore boots - break in has been brutal, but they'd survive an airplane crash and have some style to boot.

I've mostly ridden older Japanese bikes and my same jacket has been with me through a handfull of them. I'd like a textile jacket for the warmer days too, but my old leather one just fits right and the thought of sewing that many patches on something else keeps me running back to my old reliable.

I think whatever you pick, comfort is most important....plus, I've never seen anyone look bad on a Vmax - even a Power Ranger!

Latest posts

Back