DD Clutch Mod GEN2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrutMAX

Reaction score
Does the DD Clutch mod for the GEN 2 use the same procedures as the GEN 1? I can't find any "how to" or instructions for the GEN 2 DD Mod. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

I strongly recommend installing the taller spring retainer from Rick Rash as well. It maintains proper alignment of the springs.

Also if you have an early Gen 2 (09,10) you need to upgrade the clutch bolts to the current part number.

I bought the DD mod kit with the Rick Rash spring retainer from Tim Nash. Tim includes new bolts with his kit; my Gen 2 is a 2018 but I will still use the new bolts in the kit. Thanks

I bought the DD mod kit with the Rick Rash spring retainer from Tim Nash. Tim includes new bolts with his kit; my Gen 2 is a 2018 but I will still use the new bolts in the kit. Thanks

Then you are good to go!

Just did this to mine, started slipping after the Nash flash. I installed the new bolts also. I should have taken pics, and posted up a "how to" and I had it in my mind to do just that, and once I got it opened up it hit me, lol. Doesn't feel as heavy as the gen 1 dd mod did. Here's to hoping I don't snap another drive shaft doing a rolling burnout.

I bought my DD mod kit Directly from Rick Rash for my 2014 Vmax in Spring of 2015 But, this was through the old Star Max site. I still have that kit and I may install I on my 2017.(that kit came with a new cover Gasket and the clutch Spring only)
Is Rick a member on this site? (I am not finding him in my search) * Please Disregard that last sentence... I found him.

Last edited:
Then you are good to go!
When i did my 01 i followed a guy named lvlheads procedure removing wire and half disk and half plate and replaced them with full size disks/plate and dont recall where i got the stiffer spring (instead of two clutch springs). Is that necessary on the gen2. Or is it as simple as stacking the new spring on top of Ricks retainer and the old spring mot having to remove clutches? Seems ppl say different things

"Or is it as simple as stacking the new spring on top of Ricks retainer and the old spring not having to remove clutches? "

Yes.

I strongly recommend installing the taller spring retainer from Rick Rash as well. It maintains proper alignment of the springs.

Also if you have an early Gen 2 (09,10) you need to upgrade the clutch bolts to the current part number.

How 'strongly'? I never had an issue with the previous gen 2...what's the worst thing that can happen without the taller retainer?

I bought my DD mod kit Directly from Rick Rash for my 2014 Vmax in Spring of 2015 But, this was through the old Star Max site. I still have that kit and I may install I on my 2017.(that kit came with a new cover Gasket and the clutch Spring only)
Is Rick a member on this site? (I am not finding him in my search) * Please Disregard that last sentence... I found him.
I am alive and have moved from Illinois to Texas I have put 45000 miles on my current DD clutch with absolutely no clutch issues. Tire issues yes 🤭😮

Is there any direct link to buy DD Mod kit from Rick Rash , thank you for the very helpful information i wish you all the best VMaxers

Hello,
Will DD mod kit work smoothly with a Healtech Quick shifter? I have both but haven't got around to it yet.
Thx Again

Back