DDM tuning oval 24watt LEDs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly

Reaction score
I received the oval 8 high power LED, they say they emit 1700 lumen each housing, I really didn't believe it BUT they are really that powerful & very noticeable, the other day I saw a truck with the same lights in the daytime from more than half a mile, it stuck out from all other headlights even HIDs in the day time.

Just to be clear these are not for night time, they are just to increase visibility in day time while using 45 watts, for night riding I have HID which does a great job.

compared to Clearwater $450.00 units these will eat them for lunch.
I didn't install them on the bike yet so no photos for now.

a regular halogen 55/65 produces ~1500 lumen's these LEDs produce 1700 lumen's diffused light even more than fog lights.

The FX series oval 24 watts, a smaller round version is also available, it produces 850 lumen's comparable to Clearwater $450.00 ones.
check the other series, they have smaller units a 6 LED produce 1500 lumens.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Product-Categories/LED-Bulbs-Lights/Commercial

Ok, what makes them not for nighttime? Do they have a weird beam pattern or something? I would think those would be great mounted to the crash bars or something for some nice lighting of shoulders/ditches/whatever. I'd even be happy with the 12W ones if they really put out 850 Lumens each.

Got some cool stuff. If they are flood type lights then I could see why they would not be good as a primary light at night.

Sean

Got some cool stuff. If they are flood type lights then I could see why they would not be good as a primary light at night.

Sean

They are flood lights & would be very blinding for on coming cars, for daytime running they are ideal and stand out from any other headlight or running lights you see on cars or bikes. also they are constructed very well & water tight. adding a yellow film to them would make them even more visible among the sea of white headlights during day time.
I just want to fix the damn thing & ride again!

Ok, what makes them not for nighttime? Do they have a weird beam pattern or something? I would think those would be great mounted to the crash bars or something for some nice lighting of shoulders/ditches/whatever. I'd even be happy with the 12W ones if they really put out 850 Lumens each.

for what you want them for I think they might work but just don't point them at traffic.

I have used ddmtuning kits on cars and trucks and recommend their prices and service. Check-out their warranty!

Latest posts

Back