Dealer parts?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srk468

Reaction score
The best price on OEM I have found is K&N in Tulsa, OK. Tell them you are forum member and they sell for 25% over actual cost. Tyler McDonald was the contact last time I ordered. Phone is 918 446-6657.

The best price on OEM I have found is K&N in Tulsa, OK. Tell them you are forum member and they sell for 25% over actual cost. Tyler McDonald was the contact last time I ordered. Phone is 918 446-6657.

Thanks bud!!

Plus 1 on K&N, I usually work up a list with part numbers and email it to them telling them I'm vmoa and a forum member and they'll email me back the quote. Usually Tyler or Pat.

Anymore I don't even wait to approve the quote and just send them the list and tell them to call me when they're ready for a CC number.

I'm fortunate enough to live here in Tulsa and deal with Tyler and Pat on a regular basis. Outstanding customer service from those guys. I'm regularly surprised by what the have in stock. Tyler even managed to dig up a set of brand new OEM engine guards for me. Still in the package with hardware. I asked about a set and he looked it up on the computer and it says there were none available nationwide. He said ” let me go look back here” and came back with it in-hand. I think they stole Santa's magic bag. Always has what you want in it.

Sweet, I'll call K&N on Monday, I knew this was the right place to ask about this! :clapping:

Ill add that ordering from K&N, paying a little for shipping, and wait for shipment is less money than local and faster too since my local dealer never has anything in stock, the local dealer also wants to charge an add on fee to the list price for "handling" when they have to order it.

I told them it would be a cold day in hell before I ever set foot in Tejas Yamaha again when they hit me with the add on to the already very beatable list price.

Plus if I didn't watch their ass they'd quote me a list price they just pulled out of their ass.

That's why I always use the parts finder to do the work myself.

Don't have to worry about any of that with K&N, they're not out to screw you, just want to sell a lot of parts.

I believe K&N is the oldest Yamaha dealer in the country still operating. They have a warehouse full of cool and often really old stuff. They had a new 1971 Yamaha XS650 headlight in stock. The box was so old it almost fell apart and the cosmoline had solidified. Had to clean off with rubbing alcohol... The old stuff was never put on the computer. Have to go and search for it. Would love to go there sometime and get a tour of their warehouse... Be like a trip to the past. :clapping:

Just placed my order, nice guys!! Thanks for the advice everyone!

Don't know if this is still true but they used to sell accessories, not just OEM parts, at the same 25% over cost to members. That could be a big money saver also.

I believe K&N is the oldest Yamaha dealer in the country still operating. They have a warehouse full of cool and often really old stuff. They had a new 1971 Yamaha XS650 headlight in stock. The box was so old it almost fell apart and the cosmoline had solidified. Had to clean off with rubbing alcohol... The old stuff was never put on the computer. Have to go and search for it. Would love to go there sometime and get a tour of their warehouse... Be like a trip to the past. :clapping:

It would be nice to have a dealer nearby that actually had parts in stock. I had a hard time finding 20wt fork oil the other day. I did find it but it wasn't my first try. Before that, I was looking for some mikuni small hex jets but couldn't find any locally. I had to order them.

Hey thanks for the info as to what dealer to use. The dealers that Ive used in the past didnt seem to care if you spent any money with them or not, and basically seemed pissed off that you were even bothering them.

Eric

There are a couple of guys that keep a LOT of oem parts both new and used on hand!

There are a couple of guys that keep a LOT of oem parts both new and used on hand!

yes lets not forget we have our vmf vendor here guys! maybe not the cheapest OEM parts but don't forget about the customer service before and after the sale.

yes lets not forget we have our vmf vendor here guys! maybe not the cheapest OEM parts but don't forget about the customer service before and after the sale.

Sean's gonna get some of my money too!! Pulling my seat off today to get it packaged up and send off to him, also getting a clutch and some chrome work done :)

Back