Deals Gap September 18-19th.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

82ndCowboy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone else planning on going to the Deals Gap Rally in September?
It's Friday and Saturday, the 18th & 19th.
I'm going up on Thursday the 17th from Orlando and camping at the Resort for the weekend and then coming back Sunday.

hmm maybe. I'm currently thinking about a proper road trip, like all around the US in Sept/Oct.

If I don't do that I may just have to do deal's gap instead. Are you gonna ride all the way?

hmm maybe. I'm currently thinking about a proper road trip, like all around the US in Sept/Oct.

If I don't do that I may just have to do deal's gap instead. Are you gonna ride all the way?

No, I'll throw all my stuff and camping gear in the truck and load the max up in the back and drive up.
So if you want me to carry any gear up for you I can.
Or if a few people from around here wanna ride along, I can take the trailer.
I may take the trailer up anyway and fill the motha to the brim with cartons of cigarettes.

I had just mentioned it to a few guys that we should go down in sept as well,i will try to confirm dates.I want to try out the 09 with the 240 pirelli on the back,should be a good test.

Anyone else planning on going to the Deals Gap Rally in September?
It's Friday and Saturday, the 18th & 19th.
I'm going up on Thursday the 17th from Orlando and camping at the Resort for the weekend and then coming back Sunday.

I am hoping for one big excursion this Fall. The Deal's Gap Rally sounds interesting.

Blaine Williams

No, I'll throw all my stuff and camping gear in the truck and load the max up in the back and drive up.
So if you want me to carry any gear up for you I can.
Or if a few people from around here wanna ride along, I can take the trailer.
I may take the trailer up anyway and fill the motha to the brim with cartons of cigarettes.

Robert,

I may be up for coming with you on that one. I need to go past the next 2-3 weeks to work out if I can get the time off work, but if I do, I may be interested in throwing the bike in/on the trailer and ride along. Share costs and good times! :eusa_dance:

Robert,

I may be up for coming with you on that one. I need to go past the next 2-3 weeks to work out if I can get the time off work, but if I do, I may be interested in throwing the bike in/on the trailer and ride along. Share costs and good times! :eusa_dance:

Works for me.

I would love to go, but its kind of a long haul from here, and I am too broke to go right now! :confused2:

I may still do it - do you have space for a 2nd bike and me? I'm gonna have to call it at the last minute though, if I do I'll just call in sick at work ;-)

I'll be attending a Warrior gathering that is HQ'd @ Kickstand Lodge (near Robbinsvile) from 9/15-9/20.Will have Max & Warrior .Hope to see some of you guys around the Gap.('90 Max(blue),'02 Warrior custom paint w/NOS.)

I may still do it - do you have space for a 2nd bike and me? I'm gonna have to call it at the last minute though, if I do I'll just call in sick at work ;-)

Yeah sure, G, No problem. But I'm loading everything up Wednesday night So I'll have to know by Wednesday afternoon to know weather to load the Truck or the trailer.
I think two Maxie would fit in the back of the truck but one would have to be pushed in backwards. And I think that would be far to much work. So it would just be easier to load them on the trailer.

Yeah sure, G, No problem. But I'm loading everything up Wednesday night So I'll have to know by Wednesday afternoon to know weather to load the Truck or the trailer.
I think two Maxie would fit in the back of the truck but one would have to be pushed in backwards. And I think that would be far to much work. So it would just be easier to load them on the trailer.

OK, I will let you know by the beginning (14th) of that week at the latest, so we can plan accordingly. I really wanna do this I just have to see how it pans out. :punk:

Any Updates on this Rally?
I'm still planning on going up Thursday Mourning and then coming back Sunday.
Robert, Are you going through Atlanta on the way to the Gap ? I'm planning on going but have a few things to finish on my cf max. Tires, wheels, front end, handlebars, swingarm.

I think I am going through Atlanta?
I haven't planned anything out yet.
I was going to get everything ready and plan my trip out This coming Sunday.
And Naughty is going to let me know if he's going by Monday.
Why are you looking to jump on board or ride along?
I have a flatbed car trailer if Naughty jumps on board and there will be plenty of room. I just need to know so I can set it up for more than two bikes.

May want to follow you up. I have a truck and 16 ft. open trailer , cousin from out of town and maybe wife. Just thought 2 vehicles in case of a breakdown would be better than 1. I will probably not stay at the Gap. Cuz has a place near Gatlinburg and I will probaly commute each day. No firm plans except will go up Thursday a.m. to ride w/o all the weekend traffic. I read there is a honda car s2000 group that will be there on Sat. the 19th. Their last get together resulted in a fatality and serious injury to the driver 'cause he was running at night , quickly , on his maiden voyage on the Tail. Not smart. Don't necessarily want to be around that bunch.

May want to follow you up. I have a truck and 16 ft. open trailer , cousin from out of town and maybe wife. Just thought 2 vehicles in case of a breakdown would be better than 1. I will probably not stay at the Gap. Cuz has a place near Gatlinburg and I will probaly commute each day. No firm plans except will go up Thursday a.m. to ride w/o all the weekend traffic. I read there is a honda car s2000 group that will be there on Sat. the 19th. Their last get together resulted in a fatality and serious injury to the driver 'cause he was running at night , quickly , on his maiden voyage on the Tail. Not smart. Don't necessarily want to be around that bunch.

OK Sounds good.
Hey we may be long lost twins? I have a truck and a 8x18 ft flatbed trailer.
I have AAA, and my father has a 40 ft flatbed rig with ramps and winches to come get me if I break down. (knockin on wood)
I hear ya about the lunatics. I'm not going to see how fast I can ride the Dragon, I'm still a newb, I'm just going to cruise along and see what riding curves are like. I can guarantee I won't be riding it in the dark.
Pm your number to me if you like and I'll give ya a call when I get up that way.
I'm going to have everything ready to go Wednesday night. So all I have to do is get up at 6am, shower, eat, then get in the truck and go. Then pick up Gaetan if he's going, then head North.
My number is 4076163241.
If I get some time these next few nights I'll start planning my route out. I'm camping at the Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort where most of the other guys are staying. But if they have a problem with my tent in the back of my truck, I may have to stay over at the Iron Horse campground.

404-867-2100 cell-I'll talk or send you more info as it develops, but 4 sure , I'm goin , with or w/o my cuz or better half. I've planned at least 4 rides that didn't happen 'cause of outside influences. this one is happenin' . I'm not riding to show how fast i can go , just that I can go. Lots to do to the '98 cf max as far as the changes are concerned. Not sure all are gonna happen. may have to fall back on the '90 .

I hear ya Rollie! I really wanna make it happen too, I've missed too many because of such 'outside influences' lol..

And I'll be riding my '86 (as long as I can get it fixed!) so your '90 won't be the oldest ;-)

I'm going because I haven't ridden a decent curve since moving to FL, and it's looking like I'm gonna be spending November/December back in ol' Blighty..

Latest posts

Back