Death of Sirius XM radio?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heretic

Reaction score
I own several thousand shares of this company and have been keeping track of all news regarding it trying to figure out if it will survive. They are saddled with near insurmountable debt and may not be able to stay afloat through 2009. It was just announced that EchoStar, a TV satellite provider has been buying the BANK debt of XM Sirius in what appears to be an attempt to take control of the company in the event of a bankruptcy. If this happens they may utilize the satellites and ground control facilities to forward their TV business. SIRI is not worth much as a company now, but the hardware they control is. EchoStar may be making a hostile play for the company, and no one knows what Sirius XM may look like after emerging from bankruptcy under EchoStar, if Sirius XM continues to exist at all. If you are thinking about getting Sirius XM or are about to renew your service contract I would wait to see if Sirius XM can come out of its current hardship, or what kind of service emerges from the possible EchoStar takeover before doing so. I am still going to hope that Mel pulls a rabbit out of his hat and saves the shareholders.

Last edited:
I just let Mine expire, see the bad news and I do not want to give away my hard earned money on a failed merger.
Love the service, had it for 3 years, so the hardware paid for itself.
Lets hope it all works out.

I wish you would of posted taht yesterday, ,my wife just did our for a year.

My freebie on my new car JUST ran up and they charged me the 154 or so dollars for the next year!

I'm not overly worried. Echostar/Dish Network will probably keep it.

My freebie on my new car JUST ran up and they charged me the 154 or so dollars for the next year!

I'm not overly worried. Echostar/Dish Network will probably keep it.

I am with you on this. I never thought that cellestial radio would completely overtake terrestial radio but they have a very good product worth keeping. No commercials on music, vast selection of music, talk, worship and kids stations. Plus all the infastructure is there. All Echo has to do is buy them pennies on the dollar and then restructure and they have a very profitable company. Plus a lot of people said that cable or sat tv would never work because you could get your TV for free. We all see how that has turned out. I am holding my shares to the bitter end.:bang head:

got xm in my new car a few years ago forwith a one year free offer .. well its close to three years now and its still working thank you xm for the free use..would i pay for the service no..i

Yeah their stock is a POS. Been keeping my eye on it for a while. Either it's being manipulated and/or being shorted to death. Wall Street is still running corrupt business as usual

Back