Decat pipes from Dominator Exhausts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Fellow Maxers
I’ve just done Decat on my max and purchased Decat pipes from Dominator Exhausts from Poland. The solution they supply is as in the photo

I fed back to them that introducing exhaust gas from front exhaust at 90 degrees will cause non laminar flow and induce turbulence at that location ( quite probably choking the rear exhausts.

alas from the emails this is their new design, and wasn’t going to be changed
I have thanked them for replies and suggested most Gen 2 owners won’t buy their design…..
Anyone got any akros going cheap 🤪

Attachments

• A6736090-A9AF-4C5A-B53D-3F57F71B2C4B.jpeg
    A6736090-A9AF-4C5A-B53D-3F57F71B2C4B.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 16
Fellow Maxers
I’ve just done Decat on my max and purchased Decat pipes from Dominator Exhausts from Poland. The solution they supply is as in the photo

I fed back to them that introducing exhaust gas from front exhaust at 90 degrees will cause non laminar flow and induce turbulence at that location ( quite probably choking the rear exhausts.

alas from the emails this is their new design, and wasn’t going to be changed
I have thanked them for replies and suggested most Gen 2 owners won’t buy their design…..
Anyone got any akros going cheap 🤪

Sorry for bringing this old post up. I received mine DeCat from Dominator yesterday. They seem to be more Y shaped and not exactly 90 degrees. Maybe they've done an update?

Attachments

• IMG_20221109_184500.jpg
    IMG_20221109_184500.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
I think they simply need to change the photo on their website to reflect what they are selling.

I do wonder what additional cost they would charge to weld on a sensor boss for each downpipe. Then we could sort out lean running cylinders properly.

Latest posts

Back