Delkevic Exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Strange

Reaction score
anyone running a Delkevic system? Any opinions? Just pulled the trigger on a tri oval setup and wqs wondering how well they perform.

Yup. Put on 14" Carbon cans with the mid pipe back in December. Haven't done the flash yet but that's next. Love the sound, install was simple too. Much lighter especially without the cat. So far hasn't tripped the check engine light even with the EXUP disabled.

Yup. Put on 14" Carbon cans with the mid pipe back in December. Haven't done the flash yet but that's next. Love the sound, install was simple too. Much lighter especially without the cat. So far hasn't tripped the check engine light even with the EXUP disabled.
I talked to Tim, he hasn’t got a flash for a Delkavic system yet, but he suggested to try his “Mikes pipe”, or “Crays” flash to get close, he needs a dyno tune on one to get the ones and zeroes to line up for the Delkevic setup.

Yea he told me the same thing but he figured it would work just fine. Just gotta get my ECU out and send it. How long does it take to remove for those that have already done it?

It's under the faux tank cover. Not as easy to take off like the first gen. I think there are 7 Allen screws holding it on. And I think you'll have pull the scoops off also I'm pretty sure there is one screw on each side under the scoops, been awhile since I had mine off. Two at the back between it and the scoops, two at the very front (you'll have to turn the bars full lock both directions to see them) pull the info panel cover (1 screw on top) and then there are two(there are 4 but only two need to be removed, I always pull out the wrong two, and have to pull out the other two lol) that hold the screen(not necessary to remove the screen but can if you want) and the cover to the top of the air box, and lift off. ECU is back by the seat, you'll see it right by the battery. Pop off the negative cable. And it snaps out of the holder, and unplug it. Mail it to Tim, wait, wait, open box. Inspect for damage, install in reverse order. I heard there might be some codes, clear those out, and your ready to ride after you button it back up. Not that bad really. :) I need to get mine reflashed, but I've got other projects taking the funds at the moment. Still stock, but that surge is annoying at times.

Last edited:
Thanks for the instructions, sounds like something I can handle. And the surging and weird throttle response won't be missed. Should be great with the limiters removed in 1,2, and 3rd gear too.

Thanks for the instructions, sounds like something I can handle. And the surging and weird throttle response won't be missed. Should be great with the limiters removed in 1,2, and 3rd gear too.

Yeah I can't imagine it without a limiter lol. I can get it to break loose sometimes. I imagine it'll be effertless with the limiter removed. I'm used my gen 1 when v boost kicked in it would always break loose, or pick the front tire if you're weight was too far back lol.

So how do you like the TriOval system? About to pull the trigger but there are no videos of it. How loud are they? I want louder than stock but don't want "obnoxious!"

They sound great, I took the baffle out, but you can leave them in for quieter operation

I have the carbon round and I love the sound. Its nice bass-y thump. And looks awesome.

39869262273_f33b296ac6_k.jpg

I run the 8 inch Carbon Fiber round cans with the decat pipe. LOVE it. I will warn you that this set up is LOUD. Above 4,500 rpms, like as loud or louder than Harley loud. You can sneak out of your neighborhood at low rpms and pretty much get away with it but you have to be careful. The finish is just as good as it gets. Install was simple, everything fit properly. The Stainless finish is very high quality. Tim flashed my ECM to a set of Dale Walker Pipes because as already noted, he doesn't have a program specifically for the Delkevic system yet. Mine was running very lean. I installed the Power Commander V, PER TIM, and got it dialed in perfectly. I ended up at 197 RWHP, with the AFR right at 13.2/13.3 from 4,000 up, exactly where Tim said it should be. Guy put 23 miles on my bike dyno tuning it... he was very meticulous. My best friend just put a Delkevic 14 inch round carbon fiber system on his built to the hilt new Yamaha MT-10. It looks and sounds great. Here's mine...

Attachments

• VMax against green 029 (3) with tinting.jpg
    VMax against green 029 (3) with tinting.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 36
The louder the better, lol. Loud exhaust don't bother me. Even late at night, when I'm trying to sleep, lol. I give myself maybe 6 months after installing a de-cat, and mufflers and I'll figure out how to straight pipe my mufflers lol. Everybody says the engines need back pressure, but then turn around and say the engine is an air pump. How does that make sense?? All a muffler does is break up the exhaust pulses so it's not as loud. Most performance mufflers are straight threw design for a reason.

Back