Delkevic slip ons and stage 1

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budstang

Reaction score
Noobie here, 2005 max. i added a k&n filter, and will be adding slip on delkevics....is a stage 1 jet kit sufficient or should I go stage 3 ??

Basically for a Vmax there is only stage 1 and stage 7. Since your using slipons, the best hp gains will be from jetting DOWN....going from the stock 152.5's, to 150's....or even 147.5's.

To be able to really use a stage 1 or higher, it requires using an aftermarket exhaust.

The main HP RESTRICTION in the Vmax, is the stock head pipes.

Hello Bud, welcome to VMF. Take a look around since there is a lot of info here and lots of help with any questions. There is a newcomer section where you can introduce yourself along with your Vmax.
As far as the jet kit goes unless you go with a full exhaust the jet kit is not going to help, more than likely make it run worse. The k&n filter will be fine to use.

Skip the stage one competely. I can sell you any jet kit you'd want as I am a dealer for most. BUT, I rarely (and I mean VERY rarely suggest the stage 1).

Stock Exhaust = Stock mains or 150 Mikuni
Slip-Ons (except Cobras) = 147.5 Mikuni Mains
Cobra Slip-ons (Junk) = 145 Mikuni Mains
ANY Full Header = 147.5-150 Mains and Stock Airbox OR Stage Seven or even our Muscle Jet Kit (mains will vary).

Latest posts

Back