delkevic slipons

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the 14 inch oval SS ones. Sound really good to me and they're cheaper than the black supertrapps brand new.

http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s623/44boyd/image_zpsad450917.jpg

Just scroll threw the library. The one of the bracket, I connected both sides of the bracket on the same side so the rubber piece acts as a buffer to hopefully keep the can from rubbing.

Hey Boyd,

I just ordered the 13" carbon fiber tri ovals, I hope they look as good as your SS ovals!

Quick question, though:

Did you change the muffler gaskets too? If so, it is part #44 here, correct?

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oemparts/a/yam/50044307f8700209bc78ee61/exhaust

Thanks!

I can't tell a lot of difference from stock muffs. I have heard some drilled stockers which have a deeper , more mellow rumble . These are probably much lighter , but I would look to drilling out the stockers until I could afford a Marks , UFO , or Kerker full system , or some Kerker or Supertrapp slip ons. JMHO

Ive heard 2 stock systems drilled out 1 sounded good the other was awful rattled like it had nuts inside the mufflers. I guess if its done correctly & not hacked they sound ok.Jmo

I can't tell a lot of difference from stock muffs. I have heard some drilled stockers which have a deeper , more mellow rumble . These are probably much lighter , but I would look to drilling out the stockers until I could afford a Marks , UFO , or Kerker full system , or some Kerker or Supertrapp slip ons. JMHO

I have a used Kerker header, it's just too loud for me. Not a fan of riding with ear plugs. Plus I don't know if I'm committed to trying to get everything out of the motor, it is plenty powerful enough stock to me. Getting a jet kit, getting it tuned in and running properly just takes away from the little hobby time/money I have that Id rather be riding. maybe later I'll feel a need to Modify the motor, rather focus on comfort for now.

Not saying these are better than supertrapps or kerker slip-ons, just trying something different that are more affordable new and you don't see. Now I got a good sound to me, and can save for a maxgasser. I respect y'all's opinions of course.

Thanks for the clips Boyd. I bought my vmax and it already had some Delkevic slip-ons installed on it, but I've had a hard time finding other people with them. Mine appear to be a little different from yours, but we sound quite similar. I love the sound of my max, but unfortunately no one else I've come in contact with where I live has one, old or new, so I have nothing to compare to. My only quarrel with them is that they look too sport bike-esk for me. I like the look of the Quadzilla pipes from UFO or the Cobra slash cuts. I really want to see a comparison between the Cobras and the Delkevic pipes. Has anyone had both?

The cobra's rob horsepower so I wouldn't suggest those. Morleys Muscle has some Kerker slipons for $300 or I'd check out the Supertrapps. The quads would be stupid loud, YouTube clips dont do the loudness of the full headers justice.

I took the bike for a good test ride and it had a little less power with the baffles in but the bike ran great and the sound was still a nice tone. However i will be taking the baffles out for the dyno tune and when ever i want to play or go to the drag strip. Thats the nice thing about having baffles that are removable. I just hope that the one that i had to force into place dont give me trouble.

do you have to remove the center stand in order to install these?

Latest posts

Back