Determined

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxcruzer

Reaction score
I don't know how yet but im gonna ride my bike today. I've had it with moto PMS. Come snow, rain or low temps by God im riding!

Sent from my DROID2

You can duit! All you need is a heating pad to sit on, then clamp a heat lamp to the handlebars, and then your good to go! :eusa_dance:
You know you can trust me!!
:th_SmileyBoobs::th_SmileyBoobs::th_SmileyBoobs:

You should get one of those giant hamster balls, park your max in one half and screw the other on, the heat from the bike would keep ya warm and you could ride in all kinds of weather...............On the down side...........Carbon monoxide poisioning would make it a short trip.................

I would not make it to the end of my driveway.......:damn angry:

I don't know how you guys survive up north.
I worked all day in the open garage puttin a
new tool box together and sweat'd my Ass off...:confused2:

Hope the ride happened...Even if it was a short one.....

I would not make it to the end of my driveway.......:damn angry:
I wouldn't make 10' out the basement door as there is over 3' of snow outside it! I could shovel it out the 50'-60' to the driveway but once I get to the street there is only snow pavement in every direction for over 20 miles!

Been there/done that/froze

The day I picked up my 07 Max it was 25 degrees.
Had about a 50 mile ride to get it back home.
Took about 15 minutes just to get all the clothing layers on; I felt like the Michelin man looks.
About 20 miles into the ride (thankfully), there was a Caseys service station.
I stopped, and went inside; it took about 10 minutes before I could feel my finger tips.
Got back on & gave it another go.
About 20 more miles took me to a little backroad mom & pop store.
Same routine; stopped to get feeling back into my fingers.
Lingered there a "little longer" than the first stop.
Mom & Pop thought I was "out of my mind"!
Last run was 10 miles to my garage;I was chilled to the bone when I got there.

I don't know what the wind chill is, when the temp is 25 degrees, and you're on a VMax, doing 50 to 60 mph?
I do know this; it sure got my attention!

I did about 60 miles today on my 05.
It was a heatwave; about 50 degrees.
No problem!:eusa_dance:

Weather forecast calling for sleet, freezing rain, and/or snow for the next 3 days. I won't be tempting fate..........

Jester42

This is the only Yamaha I'll be able to ride today... If it warms up above the -20Cel it currently is. This is a pic from Thurs afternoon.

Attachments

• vk540.jpg
    vk540.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 6
Re: Been there/done that/froze

The day I picked up my 07 Max it was 25 degrees.
Had about a 50 mile ride to get it back home.
Took about 15 minutes just to get all the clothing layers on; I felt like the Michelin man looks.
About 20 miles into the ride (thankfully), there was a Caseys service station.
I stopped, and went inside; it took about 10 minutes before I could feel my finger tips.
Got back on & gave it another go.
About 20 more miles took me to a little backroad mom & pop store.
Same routine; stopped to get feeling back into my fingers.
Lingered there a "little longer" than the first stop.
Mom & Pop thought I was "out of my mind"!
Last run was 10 miles to my garage;I was chilled to the bone when I got there.

I don't know what the wind chill is, when the temp is 25 degrees, and you're on a VMax, doing 50 to 60 mph?
I do know this; it sure got my attention!

I did about 60 miles today on my 05.
It was a heatwave; about 50 degrees.
No problem!:eusa_dance:

Weather forecast calling for sleet, freezing rain, and/or snow for the next 3 days. I won't be tempting fate..........

Jester42

25'F @ 60 mph = 3'F! Getting awful close to zero!!

I've ridden in those temps and no matter what you have on for clothing, after 10 miles or so, you're gonna get cold!! :punk:

Too much crap on the roads to even think about riding. That salt and calcium chloride they douche on the roads will dissolve a bike in short order!

Snow falling as we speak????? First in a few weeks-- I was out on the Max last weekend. Could have ridden many days the last 2 weeks but it's been well below freezing for the morning ride.

Im making a break for it again. Its 48 out and im gonna feel every degree of it. Its unusual weather here in Oregon so im taking advantage.

Sent from my DROID2

Back