Diagnostic mode

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Max

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed flashed ECU and it was recommended to erase all possible error codes, but I cant get into diagnostic mode. I don't know if my bike has immobilizer or not, but it was mentioned in Gurued Gear's instructions that if it has, "disconnect the 6 position Immobilizer connector under the right scoop". Anyone knows what connector it is, how can I identify the right one? Yamaha service manual says that fuel pumps connector has to be disconnected before entering diagnostic mode, but I had no luck with that either.

Bike runs just fine (actually it runs freakin' awesome) but I would just want to erase any existing codes. Thanks.

Remove right scoop you will see a 6 pin connector there unplug it and then you will be able to access diagnostic mode. You have two options after that leave it unplugged tape up both sides of plugs to always be able to to access diagnostic mode with out having to remove scoop. Or plug it back in and still have immobilizer red light flash when bike is off but you would have to remove right side of scoop and unplug every time you want to use diagnostic mode. I left mine unplugged just taped up both ends. When i say right side scoop its the right scoop when sitting on the bike. Also the 6 wire harness runs to front of air box.

Ok I’ll try that, thanks for the info!

Edit: Worked, unplugged connector and got to diag mode. I installed flashed ecu, did ride about 50 miles without clearing codes and now as I checked, there were no codes stored.

OT: I must say, that I had high expectations of flash but it still managed to meet and exceed all my expectations. Smooth when cruising and kinda snappier when at higher rpms. Just works and goes, oh boy how it goes :)

Last edited:
Hello, any suggestion where I can find a list with diagnostic codes / errors for the Vmax1700? Thanks in advance!

Back