Diaphram clucking noise

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbarrie

Reaction score
Sort of dumb question but I have to ask it...

Just wondering if anybody else hears this sound. Upon startup when I'm waiting for the bike to warm up I hear this clucking sound coming from what I think are the diaphrams but it only seems to be on the back brake side of the bike. I know my diaphrams need replacing but I can't remember what side they are on. OR is this normal and the side that isn't making the sound is the problem side. I first thought it was the fuel pump but now I think its the phrams. O' I don't remember it doing it after the bike is warm - but I'm so used to it I'm not 100% sure.

Mine did it when the carbs were way out of sync, causing a cylinder to misfire. It was so bad I could watch the slide moving, once synced it stopped.

Sort of dumb question but I have to ask it...

Just wondering if anybody else hears this sound. Upon startup when I'm waiting for the bike to warm up I hear this clucking sound coming from what I think are the diaphrams but it only seems to be on the back brake side of the bike. I know my diaphrams need replacing but I can't remember what side they are on. OR is this normal and the side that isn't making the sound is the problem side. I first thought it was the fuel pump but now I think its the phrams. O' I don't remember it doing it after the bike is warm - but I'm so used to it I'm not 100% sure.

Back brake side? So the right side then?:confused2:

I would suggest you try syncing it as well. If that doesn't fix it, you will probably want to break down and get new diaghrams...:(

Not sure about the type of sound, but my exhaust leaks a bit when cold and then stops when it warms up. I can usually hear it on the right rear.

It is weird noise. A clucking sound for the lack of a better word I guess. When you put your ear down by the carbs you know that its coming from there. I do have a A/F screw seized so I was told but he said it was only slightly off when he sync'd them. That was about 3000kms ago by now.

It runs fine - maybe not perfectly but good enough for me. Two of my diaphrams looked like they could be replaced so I wasn't sure if that was the cause of the sound. The damm user manual doesn't tell ya if your max starts clucking, that this could be the cause. :hmmm:

Latest posts

Back