Did I get the wrong Venture Diff !! :(

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justa6MB

Reaction score
Posted on a Canadian site looking for a 1986 to 1993 Yamaha Venture 1300 final drive. A dealer responded saying he had one, paid, shipped, arrived and went to install it today and the shock mount is not in the same place as my vmax :bang head: He said it was off a 1990.

Attachments

• IMG_3453.jpg
    IMG_3453.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3452.jpg
    IMG_3452.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 41
There was a thread not to long ago about this but of course I can't remember the years off hand someone else had one looked the same as yours and Sean said it was the wrong year either use the search function to find that thread or others or wait till someone chimes in that can tell or can pull it for you ..

That is not a diff from a 1990 unless that bike had 83-85 parts on it. The diff you're going to need to get will look basically the same as your old diff. In short, the one you got isn't going to work.

I don't know if you have any recourse with the dealer-seller, but I doubt the diff was on a 1990, as the fitment issue would have prevented its use because of the difference in the suspension, depending on how long it's been, it's worth a try, maybe you could at least get credit, and apply it towards something you can use.

That's not even close to a VXZ as grease penciled on the casing!

Well contacted the dealer/wrecker and he apologized for the mixup. Said he'd send me the correct one and to keep the other. It showed up Thursday and I put it in. Went out for a rip
Friday and I gotta say I LOVE IT!!! Nice, smooth and quiet. And the rpm drop is awesome. Like an extra gear! Should've done that in the first place. Thanks again fellas, this is an fantastic forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you want for one of the correct ones that will work on an '85 model?

Well as per my thread heading it appears the one is pre '86 so that won't work for you. And the other needs shimming, I believe it was too tight likely from day 1. No windshield no problem...only has 4,000 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back