Diff Oil

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.n2o

Reaction score
Changing my diff oil. Should I fill on side stand or bike completely upright ? Probably not much difference but I want to do it right

Should be very little difference but I do mine straight up because that's the normal riding position and I at check the crankcase oil at the same time.

Pretty sure the manual says side stand. That gives you the level they want with no blow over out the top cap.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Pretty sure the manual says side stand. That gives you the level they want with no blow over out the top cap.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

That's kinda what I was thinking but not sure. I think it has to breathe a little. Gotta get my hands on a service manual.

I just looked at the manual. Capacity = .2 L (.21 US Qt), torque for the drain and fill bolts is 17 Ft/Lb, but I don't see anything about how to fill it. I'll edit this post if I do.

EDIT: The manual states "Position the motorcycle on a level area and place on it's center stand." Section 2 page 18.

Back