difference in stages of jetting 1 through 7

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebeltaz83

Reaction score
This has prolly been asked, but to save myself weeks of looking at forums, i would like to know what parts are involved in a stage 1 jet kit, a stage 2, 3 and then 7. stage 1 was done when i bought the bike. what changes or mods do i have to do to eventually get to 7??? are there parts i need to purchase?? or is just done by removing the air box, and going to pod filters?? any help would be greatly apperciated, thanks.:ummm:

forget about s2 and s3, not even offered for the vmax. here are the installation instructions for the s1 and s7: View attachment 4116.pdf, View attachment 4716.pdf

just looking at the parts list that come with the kits you can see that on top of what you've mentioned, going to s7 requires, bigger MFJs and possibly PAJs, different fuel needles (the s7's are more aggressive, i.e., more tapered), air correctors, crankcase return (breather assembly), optional vboost eliminators (ie, manifolds. some guys do, some guys don't), optional slide hole widening (some guys do, some guys don't), optional velocity stacks (some guys do, some guys don't), and last but not least, a full-up exhaust upgrade (otherwise the s7 is useless). the s1 doesn't need a more flowy exhaust, so i'm betting that you still have the stock exhaust, if not then possibly slip-ons. dynojet says you can use slipons with the s7, but the guys here will scoff at the remark, rhetorically asking dj, "who are you kidding?"

if you are thinking of s7, consider morely muscle kit instead. it has a better mid range which promises more street fun, whereas the s7 has a better top range, which promises more dragstrip fun that can only be had with 10 seconds of WOT

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

Last edited:
it has super trapp duel cans...... every thing i see on here is mostly 4 to 1, i like the duel can look, so if i went with a full exaughst upgrade, who makes a kit that allows me to keep the duel cans?? i really like the sound of the super trapps, muscle car sounding, deep tone.

Our kit works well with any FULL aftermarket system (and performs just as well on the top end as the stage seven by the way). If you only have slip-ons I don't suggest ANY system. Simply install smaller mains with stock needles and ride. The stage one is a very rich setup and most LOSE power with it.

So 147.5s with stock header and supertrapp slip-ons?
I really don't feel like tearing my carbs apart again...

Marks Exhaust is very popular with members on here. There is a thread with all of the differnt exhaust notes. Marks will allow to keep your center stand. Click on the exhaust section and at the top you will find what your looking for. http://marksperformance.com/vmax.html

+1 with marks' if you like that deep small block sound. i run 14" duallies with 2.25" outlets. mark'll fab you any lengthed cans with any sized outlets. there are also the UFOs, which have a nasty snarl that a lot of the guys here like. sean morley (one2dmax) is in the middle of designing (maybe fabbing) a set of "torpedos" as well. when you're choosing exhausts, you'll need to come to terms of whether or not you wish to retain your centerstand--some upgrades require its removal. the marks doesn't. i'm 60/40 that the UFOs don't either.

awesome!!! i'd like to keep the center stand, makes it easier to do maintance on a bike that sits level, rather than leaning to one side..... and alot easier to change the rear tire. the PO said he tuned the carbs. with the oil light..... said it stayed on all the way into 3 rd gear...... sound right?? with a stage 1 and slip ons, he threw in a k&n and took off the Y on top of the filter box, wich is how i ride it....... it doesn't need more power, but it's a drug, i want more, i want more, lol. prolly gonn be winter work most likely, i can enjoy this season with it "as is" :)

Latest posts

Back