different exhaust sounds

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My god KJ, that sounds so awesome. You must make more video's of this exhaust setup! It takes the sweet Kerker sounds a BAM! It kicks it up a couple notches!

UFO 4-1 Supercharged

Noticed very minimal packing.....ridiculous top fuel dragster loudness.....but sounds absolutely amazing......Currently adding packing, will post before and after clips....

[youtube]9rfp0t7GXVU[/youtube]
I really like it Boostmax!

My god KJ, that sounds so awesome. You must make more video's of this exhaust setup! It takes the sweet Kerker sounds a BAM! It kicks it up a couple notches!

There is going to be another video shortly. Myself and the cute little model that's going to crawl on the bike have the rest of the mid terms and whatnot to do until Wednesday. So it looks like it will be shot on April 2nd. I changed the couplers on the pipe, it looks much better now. Both are compression fittings from the header to coupler and coupler to muffler. but I still have a clamp on the header side. except this time its a flat clamp.

Tonight after I finish my entry in the art show, I'm going to be in the garage putting on a steering stabilizer and buttoning up the left scoop (had to fix a cracked neck). I'll take another sound clip video, now that I finished the tune.

KJ,

Thanks for the videos! I think you should "focus" on being the director and let the cute little model be the star in the next video! LMAO!

Todd

KJ,

Thanks for the videos! I think you should "focus" on being the director and let the cute little model be the star in the next video! LMAO!

Todd

Shes going to be able to do what ever the hell she wants. She not only one of the stars of the University's rifle team but a former champion as well. :gun shoot::2gunsfiring_v1::th_biggun::BoomSmilie_anim:

Ahhh, she is a cutie! Hmmm, the next Charlie's Angel? I wonder if I will even notice a motorcycle in the video...lol. It is always nice to see a pretty lady with a fine piece of machinery.

She's running fairly good now so I thought while I had the phone in my hands I'd take a quick vid.

85 Vmax with Marks 4-2, and Sean Morleys jet kit.
biglaugh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EotgZgYI3Bg&feature=youtu.be

I think your exhaust might be a bit smokey! :rofl_200:
That's what I tought too! And that's why I did the video, I was trying to leave the garage one day and it would not go, I tried first gear, then second...nothing but a smokey garage!!!:ummm: So I got off to take the video, to send to your guys to help me figure it out but my brother pointed out that I had my front brake on! :bang head: Imagine my relief when I was able motor out of the garage, this time with my brake off!:punk: :biglaugh:

That's what I tought too! And that's why I did the video, I was trying to leave the garage one day and it would not go, I tried first gear, then second...nothing but a smokey garage!!!:ummm: So I got off to take the video, to send to your guys to help me figure it out but my brother pointed out that I had my front brake on! :bang head: Imagine my relief when I was able motor out of the garage, this time with my brake off!:punk: :biglaugh:

ha ha ha ha ha! :rofl_200:

Your brother must be smart. You're a lucky man to have that sort of mechanical genius in the family! :biglaugh:

Redbone, what exhaust is that?... sounds great... :punk:

When I was thinking about exhausts Redbones outside video certainly swayed my decision. He has captured the sound quite well. :biglaugh:
Not that they sound like the video's, the vid's are only a teaser, but it gives you an idea of what to expect. :punk:

I like the way the UFO DragStar 4-1 Slash Cut looks and sounds, but after reading the reviews of UFO here, I'm leery about making the purchase. Recommendations?

Last edited:
Drilled Stock Exhaust Mod with 1/2"" holes / Deflector Drilled.
Covers installed on 1/2" spacers.
AND
SuperTrapps with 8 Discs and closed Endcaps
nice. I currently have the stock exhaust with 5/8 holes and 1/4 spaces. Sounds better than the day I picked it up for sure!

I like the way the UFO dragster looks with a slash cut can, but after reading the reviews of UFO here, I'm leery about making the purchase. Recommendations?

I like the Kerker with the comp Baffle. I also like the Marks exhaust, either the 4-1 or the 4-2. It's really up to what you're looking for. The UFO slashcut "IMO" has an irritating tone. Have ever heard the UFO in person? Any good quality full header system with run well on the Max.

Good luck with whatever choice you make.

I like the Kerker with the comp Baffle. I also like the Marks exhaust, either the 4-1 or the 4-2. It's really up to what you're looking for. The UFO slashcut "IMO" has an irritating tone. Have ever heard the UFO in person? Any good quality full header system with run well on the Max.

Good luck with whatever choice you make.
I do plan on getting a full exhaust system and the morley jet kit. Havent heard the DragStar slash cut in person, but i definitely want a 4-1.
here is a vid of the Dragstar 4-1
http://youtu.be/HyqTX_kUA9c

You can probably pick up a Kerker or Hindle 4-2-1 system from Sean or Kyle and then get whatever can you want. I now have a Hindle with the IXIL can on it and have been talking to Mark about one of his cans as well. This might save you some money to buy a good used set up from one of the guys.

Back