differential ratios

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAX1260

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i know there was a list for many diffs ratio somewhere in here , i am searching but cant find it. if anyone can point me into that thread it will be appreciated

For Vmax fitment there are only 3.33 (Venture and Euro Vmax) and 3.66 (US Spec Vmax). The Royal Stars also used 3.33's. There are other ratios Yamaha has for their other models but they will not work on the gen 1's. The Gen 2 has a 2.90 I think is the right ratio.

For Vmax fitment there are only 3.33 (Venture and Euro Vmax) and 3.66 (US Spec Vmax). The Royal Stars also used 3.33's. There are other ratios Yamaha has for their other models but they will not work on the gen 1's. The Gen 2 has a 2.90 I think is the right ratio.
it is not for finding a swap, i need the list for a machinist friend , there was a list with a bunch of diffs but still cant find it

i thought it was the same thing, even google when i type differential v-max it shows the final drive

That, I think, is because the term is still and frequently incorrectly used so the search bots will pick this up. Whist clever at what they do they are still stupid in filtering out incorrect information.

A differential is used to drive two wheels - a definition is:-
functioning or proceeding differently or at a different rate i.e. one wheel is able to rotate at a different rate to the other which is required when cornering.

Back