Digital sync tool

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebeltaz83

Reaction score
What or who makes the digital sync tool for the gen 2s.??
It was all over the star vmax site, but since it's now been abandoned, and I can't remember what it was called. I have 2 (round Gage style, and the long tall black one with the silver weights) but I can't get them close to each other no matter how much I turn the screws. It runs good, starts, idles get great gas mileage I've been getting right at or just over 100 miles before the low fuel light comes on. I just want to get these TBs readings closer.

Here is the website. digisync.

http://thedigisync.com/

Unfortunately IF I remember correctly, I think they are no longer in business, but please post up one way or the other. Ive used the Morgan Carb tune for my gen2.

I sent them an email, hopefully I get a response. I'll keep updated.
Amazon has 1 for about $230 shipped. Not digisync brand.

Last edited:
Here is the website. digisync.

http://thedigisync.com/

Unfortunately IF I remember correctly, I think they are no longer in business, but please post up one way or the other. Ive used the Morgan Carb tune for my gen2.

Got a reply, says he's still here for the time being, gonna be making them for as long as he can, Bon Shaw. Guess I'll be putting in an order.

Thank you for the update. LOL, I might need to get one as well....

Not a problem, I hate threads with no outcome, or a resolution to a problem. Given he might not be in business 3 or 30 years from now lol, but atleast for anybody looking to get a digisync they can still put an order in "now".

Do you think the digital one is really better than the Morgan carbtune?

Dunno haven't used a digital one. It was highly recommended on the star vmax forum. I think either have to be easier to use than the round Gage type. I'm hoping that after getting some miles on my 18 the TBs will sync. now.

i bought one i love it. mine was in sync but then i only have 2500 miles on my 2016 max but the digisync is easy to use i have instructions with pics how to sync if lntrested

I got just over 3,000 miles on my 18. My TB sync was way off when I got it, it would idle and stall at random times at stop signs, or traffic lights. I got them as close as I could using both of my sync. Tools. Got it to quit stalling, but they still ain't right. I'm hoping now that the engine has some miles and the rings should be seated that it will sync. Correctly. Feel free to post the directions, I don't think they are up on this forum yet.

My guess is it would depend on how good you are at eyeballing the four fluctuating rods or columns of mercury. With the digisync, all you have to do is watch the numbers. If you really wanted to see how accurate you are (and results can vary between two people) you could sync with the morgan or mercury tool then with the digital tool & compare.

Hmm... is it 5 or 6mm Threaded Vacuum Adapters you need? (2016 Vmax)
Can't find any info in the manual...

Hmm... is it 5 or 6mm Threaded Vacuum Adapters you need? (2016 Vmax)
Can't find any info in the manual...

Vmax doesn't require threaded adapters, 2nd gen or 1st. Gen. Just pull the rubber plug off the nipple, and put the hose on from the sync tool. Warm the engine to operating temp and set the sync. Easy as 1,2,3.

Vmax doesn't require threaded adapters, 2nd gen or 1st. Gen. Just pull the rubber plug off the nipple, and put the hose on from the sync tool. Warm the engine to operating temp and set the sync. Easy as 1,2,3.
Hehe...well that explains why I didn’t find any info on it...(last resort was to take a walk to the garage and look...)

Back