Disaster Can Happen In An Instant

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edward

Reaction score
In order to keep from hijacking a thread, and since I have already answered his question, I'm starting a new one.

The brake light is sufficient, maybe not to your standards but then again your opinion isn't what I was looking for within the original post. Stay on topic squirrel. In addition, there isn't a problem with the bike going down the road, at whatever speed. Got it? It's actually a fact, I'm just reaching out to the group for any insight as to the overall alignment, not a critical analysis of my overall bike. I probably shouldn't share a pic of the front of the bike, otherwise I will find out which states I can't pass through.
So much to respond to here.

No "Chipmunk," It's not just my opinion... Brake Lights are REQUIRED by the LAW...in EVERY state... Get it?

And yes, you WERE looking for my opinion. I gave it to you; As has another respondent. Your motorcycle is NOT correctly assembled. It and YOU are a danger to yourself and everyone else with whom you SHARE the road EVERY TIME you are on the road. Get it?

You CAN'T pass through ANY state in the union without a brake light... Get it? I don't even need a pic of the front of your bike.

You obviously haven't been riding very long. Either that or you haven't learned how fast things can go wrong when riding a motorcycle. Just ask this guy:
upload_2019-6-8_14-4-6.jpeg

His rear wheel locked up because the PO didn't put it back together right and like you, he was of the opinion that "[T]here isn't a problem with the bike going down the road, at whatever speed." He about to "Get it..." Get it? 120 MPH Wow! You very brave or... No, I won't say it.

For those on this list who may be novice riders and might think from MAXMS cavalier attitude that "it can't happen here." Just ask the guy in the pic. Yes it CAN happen "here." And it happens in a microsecond. That rear wheel is either going to "hook up" and he's going to "high side" or he's going to "lay it down and lose his left leg and maybe his left arm.

I read an analysis of the various coefficients of friction beginning with rubber (tires), metal (motorcycle,) leather (jacket, boots, and gloves,) cloth (shirt,) skin, and finally bone. Bone doesn't have a very high coefficient of friction and this guy, given he's about to finish scrubbing speed with rubber is going to test this fact in about 1/2 second or so. It depends on whether he "high sides" or "lays it down." either way, his skin isn't going to last very long versus that asphalt.

I hope he doesn't cause that driver he's next to to run into the curb and flip over.

Or maybe he will end up looking like this:

upload_2019-6-8_13-50-22.jpeg

To others on this list who are thinking motorcycling at 120MPH on a motorcycle with a ANY mechanical deficiency is BRAVE or COOL... keep this pic in mind whenever you ride and T-CLOCK your bike BEFORE EVERY ride.

I was talking to a friend one day (a non-rider) and I told him, I am terrified every time I take my motorcycle onto public roads. I told him the things are so unbelievably DANGEROUS, I can't believe they're even legal at all.

He responded; "Man! If I thought THAT, I wouldn't ever get on one!"

I told him "No, If I ever STOP thinking like that... THAT'S when I stop riding!"

Latest posts

Back