Disaster Prevention?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Before buying my max I read some articles about the o-ring issue. I've seen some more talk about this on the yahoo list recently and it has sparked my interest. Not looking to beat a dead horse here but I am considering prevention options so the bike lasts at least as long as my loan. I see Boxenstopp sells a kit and Cycle One Off too. I heard about the kawi oval style ring too. Not looking to start a debate about whether or not the oring issue is real or not. Just hoping to hear from those that have experience with either one or both of these kits and their opinions on if they will keep the o-ring in place as intended. Also interested to hear in anyones thoughts on the design of these kits and if they would have any kind of negative effect if installed.

We use the Kawi o-ring as part of our overdrive oiling system. Haven't used any of the other stuff.

Sean

good pics

one more site for that
http://www.awol.co.za/LeakingOringOilFilterSupply.htm

Cycle One-off sells a kit for$40. I have no idea whats in it.
http://www.cycleoneoff.com/vmaxpag2.html

the angel fire site is down unfortunately.

what I did was place an o-ring between the rubber cup that supports the elbow and the elbow itself. You can see a groove in the rubber cup when you look at the pics.
I have not torn the motor apart to see if it worked, but my oil pressure has maintained the same since I put it back together. I used a stock size O-ring on the pipe.
I have the newer gallery I will be putting in this summer, but so far oil pressure wise it looks to be working just fine.

I simply sell an overdrive oil pump gear set with HD o-ring. approx 10% more oil volume and pressure from the pump and better sealing with the HD ring. $100

Sean

Latest posts

Back