Discovered COPRUNNER'S secret to hi-mileage

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I headed west up into the Catskill Mtns. for a nice 165 mile cruise today. Started looking for the fuel light at about 110 miles but it didn't come on. Got to 122 on the clock and pulled in to a quick stop just to be on the safe side.

It took 2.67 gal. to fill it right to the top of the neck. 45.7 MPG!! That's about what COPRUNNER gets with his '06....how does he do it.....simple, he follows the speed limit!! Who'd a thunk it!! :rofl_200:

I putted around all day, 55 - 60 mph, and that's what I got.....it's usually 38 - 40. Kinda doubt I will be able to restrain myself like that again, 'specially for a whole tank of fuel, but it was nice to know '99's got it in her! :clapping:

ya i can believe that one. funny thing i also get 38-40 but one time i ended up going 85 miles/hr for a tank and i ended up with 43-44 mpg, what the F so you either gotta go slow or go fast? you sure cop runner is not going FASTER!!!!!!!:rofl_200:

What a Discovery... Speed limit??? That's gonna be really hard... I can do it with a Harley. VMax's weren't made for speed limits...:rofl_200:

Highest mileage for our ride to Eureka Springs this last weekend was 49mpg and worst was 29mpg - over 4 different vmax's that rode together.

Sean

I went on a decent ride on memorial day (got sunburnt as hell too :bang head:) and we were riding 55-60mph the whole time and I got over 44mpg, this is with a Kerker 4-1 with the comp baffle and Sean's jet kit. I usually get about 35 or so around town depending how much I twist the throttle.

ya now that its hot out everything is getting better mpg. just got 43 mpg on my vstrom 1k and my gen 2 made 33

danny i remember when we rode from utica to lowville i got like 48-50 mpg when we stopped. its crazy what a 62 mph cruise will do for your mileage!!

Using the venture diff also makes a differance. I was hauling ass in the mountains last saturday and was getting 38mpg.

sooo whats this all means is....... we know how to get fuel mileage out of these machines but are you going to?, is the question??????

I headed west up into the Catskill Mtns. for a nice 165 mile cruise today. Started looking for the fuel light at about 110 miles but it didn't come on. Got to 122 on the clock and pulled in to a quick stop just to be on the safe side.

It took 2.67 gal. to fill it right to the top of the neck. 45.7 MPG!! That's about what COPRUNNER gets with his '06....how does he do it.....simple, he follows the speed limit!! Who'd a thunk it!! :rofl_200:

I putted around all day, 55 - 60 mph, and that's what I got.....it's usually 38 - 40. Kinda doubt I will be able to restrain myself like that again, 'specially for a whole tank of fuel, but it was nice to know '99's got it in her! :clapping:
Guess it's all in the wrist Dan-o. I limped into a gas station last week and put 3.8 gals in to fill up,running on fumes. I went a long way on Res. going under the speed limit.My best milage is when I'm caught between gas stations on Res.
Steve

sooo whats this all means is....... we know how to get fuel mileage out of these machines but are you going to?, is the question??????

Hell no, Rov....already did it once, why bother for a second time.....might only get 45.6, then I'd be trying for that extra tenth again and it would become another obsession and everybody would laugh even harder at me and then...............AGH!! :rofl_200:

If hi mileage was that big a thing with me I'd a bought a scooter!! :scooter 1:

Guess it's all in the wrist Dan-o. I limped into a gas station last week and put 3.8 gals in to fill up,running on fumes. I went a long way on Res. going under the speed limit.My best milage is when I'm caught between gas stations on Res.
Steve

3.8!! :surprise: Yup, definitely fumes Steve-o!!

You mean the throttle is more like a rheostat? I always thought it was a simple on off switch... :rocket bike:

:rofl_200::rofl_200:

i ended up going 85 miles/hr for a tank and i ended up with 43-44 mpg,

I've noticed this as well. Riding fast, but staying out of v-boost(so like 85 or 90) sometimes randomly seems to give wonderful mileage.

A steady 70-75mph cruise usually returns 38-40mpg. Taking it easy, like 55-60, will get it up to 45 or so...best I've ever seen was 46 and that was really babying it.

I usually don't bother to calculate it when I fill up, I'm only "prompted" to when I either have less than 100 to the fuel light, or more than 120. It almost always comes on somewhere in between there.

I've noticed this as well. Riding fast, but staying out of v-boost(so like 85 or 90) sometimes randomly seems to give wonderful mileage.

A steady 70-75mph cruise usually returns 38-40mpg. Taking it easy, like 55-60, will get it up to 45 or so...best I've ever seen was 46 and that was really babying it.

I usually don't bother to calculate it when I fill up, I'm only "prompted" to when I either have less than 100 to the fuel light, or more than 120. It almost always comes on somewhere in between there.

I usually don't calculate it either, just multiply the gallons pumped by 4, if it's somewhere near the odo mileage that's good enough for me.

The only other time I got that kind of mileage I was on a ride with 85 other bikes.....99% Harley's, so there wasn't a lot of 'Boosting' going on. I always thought that mileage was a math mistake on my part and, since it never happened again I wrote it off.

Now I discover it wasn't a mistake at all and could be duplicated anytime I want to drive reasonably!

BTW, the Harley ride was 3 years ago, and my second taste of hyper-mileage was yesterday....that's a long friggin' time between 'reasonable' driving sessions.....ey? :rofl_200:

ya i noticed riding with the guys at the 1st international pizza run how much my mileage was better only twisting the wrist to 60-65mph vs the 400 other miles i did to get there at 78mph...... that was a fun couple of days......... whens the next one boys???:punk:

Back