dit de dee dit dit de deee!!!! NEWS FLASH!!! dit de dee dit dit de deee!!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

82ndCowboy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Star Line is at the Demo Rides at the speedway in Daytona Beach.

AND GUESS WHICH 09 THEY HAVE UP FRONT AT THE DEMO LINEUP???

Yes sir reee... the NEW 09 VMAX is available for Demo Rides at Biketoberfest!
I'm not talking sit on it and make rev rev noises. I'm talking sit, start, put kick stand up and ride it off the speedway property down the rode for a 20 minute ride down the road.
They have 4 of them for Demo Rides. There are ten slots throughout the day. So that means each day the First 40 people can test ride the NEW 09 VMAX!

Don't ya wish you were here????

:eusa_dance:

Honestly? NO! What I don't know doesn't hurt me...

+1 You know, if it were just the $18K for the bike maybe, but you're talkin' 1/2 the house, both trucks, the new pool, all the furniture, the bank accounts, ALL those legal fees,......................................! :argue 1:

Nah! I'm way better off right here.................but, a test ride...........Hmmmm :hmmm:

Honestly 82nd, I really would rather be up here in the 50 degree weather and the wind blowing 20 mph. We have one eye on the sky waiting for the beautiful snow clouds to float over and drop it's heavenly goodness.
Oh yeah, riding the '09 would be sweet, but I don't think it's worth enduring your oppressive weather their in Florida. :rofl_200:
Thanks for the heads up for lucky ppl in the area. :thumbs up:

Oppressive weather here in FL? :ummm::rofl_200::ummm:

LOL Now I think you're just jealous, 'cos the best bit of our all year-round riding season's just started ;-)

:clapping::punk::clapping:

(I'm gonna ride up there tomorrow after work to have a go at riding the '09 yay :eusa_dance::eusa_dance:)

Oppressive weather here in FL? :ummm::rofl_200::ummm:

LOL Now I think you're just jealous, 'cos the best bit of our all year-round riding season's just started ;-)

:clapping::punk::clapping:

(I'm gonna ride up there tomorrow after work to have a go at riding the '09 yay :eusa_dance::eusa_dance:)
No, No I mean it! Your weather is oppressive! I mean, with all the sun and warm temps you guys get down there, I don't now how you guys put up with it year around. REALLY! Oh and you guys have to ride year around too? I don't know how ya do it, putting up with all that sun, warm temps, and having to ride ALL YEAR LONG TOO! Next your gonna tell me that there are hawt girls running around in bikinis all year around too?
(wink-wink)

:rofl_200:

Well Sorry to rub in the nice weather guys. But Naughty is right. Now we are in the sweet spot as far as weather goes. No rain, 80's during the day, 60's at night.
Riding around all week for Biketoberfest was simply beautiful.

Ohh and by the way... Riding the New 09 VMAX was incredible.

Being how I missed the Thursday Demo Rides. I got there at 9am and the VMAX was booked for the day.
So I got up at 5am on Friday, and was there at 6:45am. I was number 8 in line. Come 8am when they opened, they had more than 40 people in line and all but 2 or three were there for the VMAX.
So I signed up for the 4:15pm ride. Then left for our VMOA Ride at 9am.
Took a group of 4 down the coast through the Cape Canaveral Preserve and then to Cocoa Bch Pier for lunch.
Then we came back, hauling ass for some really spirited riding. All in all it was about 180 miles and lasted about 6 hrs.
The whole time I was salivating over my 4:15 Demo Ride.
Got back to the track at 3:15. and that last hour took foreverrrrrrrr!

The Demo Ride was better than I expected. We got on a couple of good stretches with a few slight curves. A couple of stop lights and very little traffic.
Despite the 09 VMAX weighing more the the 1st generation, the bike is so well balanced that it feels lighter than the 1st Gen. The center of gravity for the bike itself feels lower too. I don't know how because it doesn't look lower, I'm guessing it's because of the longer wheelbase.
But anyhow it was a lot easier for me to maneuver the bike than my current 06 max. The weight of the New 09 was not a factor at all, even at a stand still.
The 09 Max went right into turns and curves with extremely little effort. It was almost like it knew where I wanted to go. And there was absolutely no shimmy shake rattle or so much as a hint of wobble Anywhere through the entire ride. It was a completely solid ride, totally different than the feel of a 1st Gen.
The suspension was tight but not abrassively so. Very comfortable as far as suspension goes.
And the accelation, Incredible! no matter where you give it throttle, it moves, and moves with authority. But unfortunately I could not give a balls out acceleration test. I only got to give it a few blasts here and there.
I weaved the bike from side to side with ease and got no indication of sloppiness.
The rider position feels different too. You feel like your on the front of the bike, at least that's how I felt. Riding down the road looking straight ahead, in your peripheral vision you only see the top of the tac and the directionals.
The only drawback I found, is my knees come right against the scoops and it felt a little ackward using the shift lever and rear break lever with my knees pressed against the scoops.

Quite frankly the New 09 VMAX is a totally different Bike. It in no way resembles the 1st Gen.

I'm not getting rid of my 06, but I'm definately making the 09 my second ride.

Back