Ditch the carbs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what's the price on the manifold kit and when would one be available?
the cost will be 450. plus shipping. i wasn't planning on selling because some people want complete kits with carbs. That's not what i do. it would be up to the person installing this system. they should have the ability to clean the carbs and drill out jets and adjust for best performance. if you can remove and install factory carbs then you should have no problem with this simpler system.
I was cleaning out old favorites on my computer and came across this website that i was on years back, trying to find a solution for my carb problems at the time. There was a fuel injection system somebody was trying to create which was complicated and expensive. there was the flatside carbs that hung out at weird angles??? and then you had people punching holes in the fake gas tank so that the carbs could stick up thru, ridiculas. that's when i decided to build my own system.
I came back to this website and found that people are still struggling with the factory carbs. and since i solved my problem i wanted to offer it to other people. i spent months on the design and look. i wanted to maintain the factory look and perform the same as or better than factory. at the time i made a few extra manifolds just to have them. i wanted to see if there is more interest out there for this system and if so i would fire up my CNCs and make up more. that is why you are seeing this system for the first time.

It's great that something new for the Gen 1 has been introduced. We were getting a little stale on performance upgrades. And building a big bore is rivaled by a used Gen 2. Now that the Mikuni carbs have been taken to their limit Prosnap has started a revival. Thanks for your efforts. Out of everyone here, improvements are sure to happen. Now, for dyno results and comparisons.

Now, for dyno results and comparisons.

I think that is important; it would be helpful for those considering the move to this system to know what difference it make to the torque curve and power output.
I would also like to know what the fuel consumption is as well.

I would be interested in purchasing. Could you send me your manual, as well, or is there a link to it?

the cost will be 450. plus shipping. i wasn't planning on selling because some people want complete kits with carbs. That's not what i do. it would be up to the person installing this system. they should have the ability to clean the carbs and drill out jets and adjust for best performance. if you can remove and install factory carbs then you should have no problem with this simpler system.
I was cleaning out old favorites on my computer and came across this website that i was on years back, trying to find a solution for my carb problems at the time. There was a fuel injection system somebody was trying to create which was complicated and expensive. there was the flatside carbs that hung out at weird angles??? and then you had people punching holes in the fake gas tank so that the carbs could stick up thru, ridiculas. that's when i decided to build my own system.
I came back to this website and found that people are still struggling with the factory carbs. and since i solved my problem i wanted to offer it to other people. i spent months on the design and look. i wanted to maintain the factory look and perform the same as or better than factory. at the time i made a few extra manifolds just to have them. i wanted to see if there is more interest out there for this system and if so i would fire up my CNCs and make up more. that is why you are seeing this system for the first time.

I would be interested in purchasing. Could you send me your manual, as well, or is there a link to it?
The manual covers the cleaning and jet drill sizes that i used it also covers the complete assembly onto the bike. the bike will not be altered at all. this installation can be removed and the factory carbs can be put back on,, after you try it your not wanting to go back. you can leave the factory carbs on the bench. email me for more info at ; [email protected]

i was able to post, here it is.

Attachments

• vmaxintake2019.pdf
    531.6 KB · Views: 77
can I just send you my carbs and if you can put those on?

can I just send you my carbs and if you can put those on?
You need to read the thread from beginning to end. Prosnap was last on the forum 9 weeks ago, and he hasn't posted about this system in a long time (26 months since his last post on the thread).

If you can get a response, I suspect he will not want your OEM carburetion. What I read is he makes the kit for adapting the generic Weber-style carbs to a VMax, but you need to source your Weber-style 2-bbl carbs.

The Ducati Paso 750 was designed and sold about the same time as the Gen. 1 VMax was. The Paso had a distinctive fully-faired body like the Honda Hurricane 600 and 1000.

A true Weber 2-bbl carburetor was OEM on the Paso 750. Many people replaced the Weber with Dellorto carburetion or with Mikunis. I suppose what it comes down to is, what are you able to make work for you? If drivability (cars, trucks) or rideability (bikes) is improved, what does it matter what's the induction system? Anything that works for the creative owner, well, that's the ticket, isn't it?

Back