Do any WIDER bars fit my stock cables?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supervetteracer

Reaction score
Let's face reality here, the VMAX is not exactly good at turning. And the bars are so close together that they just don't feel right. Are there any bars available that are wider but don't require me to change cables and hoses?:ummm:

I thought the same regarding the bars. By day 2 riding her I'd stopped worrying about how narrow the bars felt at first impression.

FWIW, I generally complain when folks are blocking bikes in photos. However, I just can't seem to get my complainer to acknowledge any infaction.

The stock bars are ~27.5" wide and I am running a Flanders drag bar 31.5" wide but have aftermarket clutch and throttle cables which are made for a stock bike. The cables for the Hi/Lo and Turn signal switch and the Start/ Low Fuel switch still seem to work fine even though they both are a 2" further out on the bars.
I can also wholeheartedly recommend getting radials for a Vmax, they turn so much better and handle road irregularities better than bias ply for sure. The change in just the faster turn in for cornering really transforms it from making it turn to almost just a slight push on the bars and your turning.

I'm also looking to replace my handlebar, any 1 using renthal and bikemaster
handlebars. What model your using and can you post pictures to see what it look like on the vmax.

there was a vmax here had renthal with bar going across the middle. I seen about a year ago.

I have a bar that's similar in profile but about 2" wider (the Euro bar). Not my cup of tea but it's available and reasonably inexpensive.

Back