Do I have a seat from different bike? Picture.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DreamV4

Reaction score
I have no problem repairing it, but it looks different from all Vmax pics. It doesn't have flipping butt support.

Attachments

• 103_8264.JPG
    103_8264.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 103_8265.JPG
    103_8265.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 40
One Corbin seat has the flap, another version has a 'plug' of upholstered foam in-place of the flap. Some have gel inserts. They usually have a label on the underside if they have the gel inserts. I use a Corbin, and I find it OK for my shape and weight. I tried one when I bought my bike at the dealer 28 years ago, the salesman made a big push to put me onto one but they weren't willing to cut me a $-off MSRP, and I used the OEM seat for many years. Later I bought one in good shape (Corbin gel) and have used it since. Any decent upholstery shop should be able to sew you a new cover. Changing the foam is a different matter. Corbin may offer a rebuilding service, or you might try someplace working upon bike seats like Sargent Saddles, in Jacksonville FL. Sargent Cycle Products - Custom Seat Services - World Sport Refurbishing Services

Last edited:
Thanks. I bought a roll of stretchable vynil, it will work for at least 10 seats. Foam is even easier, Walmart or HomeDepot.

Thanks. I bought a roll of stretchable vynil, it will work for at least 10 seats. Foam is even easier, Walmart or HomeDepot.

I doubt your butt will find the HD/Walmart foam is less uncomfortable than what's there now. Also, a well-sewn seat cover adds a lot of visual appeal to a motorcycle's appearance. Stretching a cover over everything so it looks like a morbidly-obese person in a leotard won't be very-appealing, but I suppose it's better than a shredded bike seat cover.

I doubt your butt will find the HD/Walmart foam is less uncomfortable than what's there now. Also, a well-sewn seat cover adds a lot of visual appeal to a motorcycle's appearance. Stretching a cover over everything so it looks like a morbidly-obese person in a leotard won't be very-appealing, but I suppose it's better than a shredded bike seat cover.
finished seat before painting, video part 2

One Corbin seat has the flap, another version has a 'plug' of upholstered foam in-place of the flap. Some have gel inserts. They usually have a label on the underside if they have the gel inserts. I use a Corbin, and I find it OK for my shape and weight. I tried one when I bought my bike at the dealer 28 years ago, the salesman made a big push to put me onto one but they weren't willing to cut me a $-off MSRP, and I used the OEM seat for many years. Later I bought one in good shape (Corbin gel) and have used it since. Any decent upholstery shop should be able to sew you a new cover. Changing the foam is a different matter. Corbin may offer a rebuilding service, or you might try someplace working upon bike seats like Sargent Saddles, in Jacksonville FL. Sargent Cycle Products - Custom Seat Services - World Sport Refurbishing Services
or just contact sean....
https://www.vmaxforum.net/threads/muscle-seat-thread.7723/later, bill

The flap was the original corbin seat....the plug came after to make the gas cap more accessible.

I have Corbin seat, which was recovered already, hiding side holes for screws.

Latest posts

Back