Do I have to remove carbs to rejet?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ptnov

Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought Seans Jet kit. Do I have to remove the carbs to clean the inside and rejet or can i do while it's still on the motor?

Thanks!

I'd say routing the throttle cable is the hardest part of the remove and reinstall but that's the least of my problems with my carb at the moment.

I'm assuming this is your first time doing something like this, do yourself a favor and watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y836ZPjvoMI

It's a very nice and detailed Carbs, jets, how they work and how to adjust demonstration. It's a bit long, but a lot shorter than doing the whole thing twice!

I'd say routing the throttle cable is the hardest part of the remove and reinstall but that's the least of my problems with my carb at the moment.

You can actually leave the throttle cables hooked up and just turn them over right next to the bike and change the jets. I used a new tookpick for each to stick in them to take them out after loosing them in the bowls. of course they should be good runing carbs to begin with or they need a complete disassembly. Sean Morley mentioned this method on the forum somewhere.

I just removed it, hardest part was to remove the rubber hoses. I unhooked the trottle cables under the electric box, which was pretty straight forward. Bike runs like shit now though, I failed at rejetting. Probably should've checked the answers here and watched that video before I went ahead and rejetted it.

Btw. I rejetted and added K&N filter it with stock exhaust, I've ordered new exhaust but they havn't arrived yet. Can I damage my engine driving this thing now that it's awfully lean. The acceleration dies at 3000rpm :/ I didn't want to have to remove the carbs twice, because I had to clean the carbs anyways. Seems I'll have to remove the carbs again after all.

Latest posts

Back