Do the math 40 IDF

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandy klock

Reaction score
Ok trying to figure alittle and can't get google to do it. Throttle body diameter= D where D=.85×(liters/cylinder×rpm peak power)^.5 or D=.85×(.325×8500)^.5 Part I don't get is (^). What does that mean? After alittle reverse engineering I found that a 40IDF is actually a 36mm max carb where d=venturi in d=(.7 to .9)×D or .9×40=36. According to weber flow chart a vmax needs 34mm nominal(35) venturi. So our stock carbs are pretty good then add vboost and intake tract velocities are excellent. Reverse engineer 30.5mm intake valve, 35.375 intake port calls for 36mm minimum venturi so 40IDF,s will work at max venturi dia. I would like to know what Prosnap is running? Numbers above are for my venture so insert yours into formula.

Last edited:
It is (apparently) a caret or circumflex and means 'to the power of''.

Explanation here

An alternative use is as a logic symbol and means 'and'.
Look here towards the bottom in the Logic Symbol section

Thanks MaxMidnight; It still doesn't come out to a usable number. I guess if you got 40Idf,s which really are 36,s max along with 34mm venturies 2@$28 each you should have it covered. It appears my venture will run the 36,s. Still would like to figure out formula as seen on performanceoriented.com

Last edited:
Back