Does a keyless gas cap exist for gen2?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know on the gen 1's it was a matter of going down and getting a boat cap. I wonder if you could simply use an older auto cap? Maybe not a direct normal fit much might work anyway. On a side note. i do have keyless ignitions for them!

because its not threaded and the key turn employs the spring activated locking tabs you would need something like this to work. but im afraid it would be too much trial and error for fitment and then venting and sealing would be another issue.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 5
I leave a key in the cap all the time. Since changing my ignition switch, anyway.A locking cap is at about at the bottom of my wants on a motorcycle.

Found this cap the other day just laying around my stuff. Not a perfect fit but tight enough to resist pulling off by hand. From one of our old 60's cars i thikn that was a quarter turn.

Attachments

• IMG_20190601_103056.jpg
    IMG_20190601_103056.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 26
No good markings on it. Maybe email me and I can see if I can get you better pics.

I leave a key in the cap all the time. Since changing my ignition switch, anyway.A locking cap is at about at the bottom of my wants on a motorcycle.

As cheap and easy as that answer is I'm kind of floored we aren't all doing it. I mean cripes, I'm putting gas in the thing at least every other day.

Kudos to you!

Ran into a similar situation last year. I lost my key. So I purchased a new key switch and drilled out the key lock on the gas tank. I epoxied the hole and now it’s just a quarter turn gas cap with no key required. A little archaic but no more key to open my gas cap.

Back