does anybody know this exhausts for the V-max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMAX1260

Supporting Member
Reaction score
some jerk hit my superrapps and i started a journey for the vmax exhaust with the BEST perfomance. I run into this site with a not cheap sollutions and the manufactor claims is some setup's it has a lot 17,7 hp increase !!!!!!!!! is that possible? here is the link with all the setup's

any feedback will be very welcome.

http://www.cmsnl.com/over-racing-exhaust-systems_model14835/

I have the 4.2.1 carbon stainless.
click for details
The can is pretty huge (20 inches), it's pretty quiet(96db) but sounds better than stock.
You have the option to remove the DB killer.

For performance, I cannot relate since I had no option to put the bike on dyno after I installed it. Over racing is doing pretty good stuff but hard to find and pricey.

Check my album for some pics. Don't hesitate to ask me for more info, I will do my best to help :)

Over makes great stuff but it's VERY pricey... Did you look at Exactrep in England?

Chris

thanks guys for the replys, i have already checked exactrep, he has some solutions, i like 4-2 exhaust for the looks, but since i am HP freak i think i will go to 4-2-1. i know my bike cost me a fortune but i am setting this bike over 10 years. so my money must be well spent. i am impressed with some guys what told me about OVER exhaust's, and i LOVE titanium color (i always did xexe). Micheal did you notice any difference when you installed the OVER exhaust over the Stock. Have you ever tried to remove the db killer? if any difference? When i bored my engine to 1300cc my mechanic told me (he is one the best mechanic's in greece, dragster freak PANAGIOTIS BOURNAS) i should go to a longer exhaust . I dont know why , but he told me that so many times. He wanted to make a point there. i am starting putting aside money for this one http://www.cmsnl.com/products/yamaha-v-max-gp_2034tc/. i hope i won't regret it

thanks guys for the replys, i have already checked exactrep, he has some solutions, i like 4-2 exhaust for the looks, but since i am HP freak i think i will go to 4-2-1. i know my bike cost me a fortune but i am setting this bike over 10 years. so my money must be well spent. i am impressed with some guys what told me about OVER exhaust's, and i LOVE titanium color (i always did xexe). Micheal did you notice any difference when you installed the OVER exhaust over the Stock. Have you ever tried to remove the db killer? if any difference? When i bored my engine to 1300cc my mechanic told me (he is one the best mechanic's in greece, dragster freak PANAGIOTIS BOURNAS) i should go to a longer exhaust . I dont know why , but he told me that so many times. He wanted to make a point there. i am starting putting aside money for this one http://www.cmsnl.com/products/yamaha-v-max-gp_2034tc/. i hope i won't regret it

What do you mean by longer exhaust?

Id recommend You to grab 4-2-1 Marks pipe. Not 2000? but 753$ for stainless steel.
They sound awsome and folks reporting nice hp gain along this system.

They looks like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzY8ZHCT22M

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=11725&page=2

sorry for my english, longer exhaust i mean the lenght of the exhaust can. i was thinking and about marks pipe , i know from this forum that works very well and hp gain. i also consider steve taylor's hand made system's. i am not in a hurry, i wanna be sure what i buy, wont get my eye bored.... in sometime, and of course hp increase. i ll get you posted

thanks guys for the replys, i have already checked exactrep, he has some solutions, i like 4-2 exhaust for the looks, but since i am HP freak i think i will go to 4-2-1. i know my bike cost me a fortune but i am setting this bike over 10 years. so my money must be well spent. i am impressed with some guys what told me about OVER exhaust's, and i LOVE titanium color (i always did xexe). Micheal did you notice any difference when you installed the OVER exhaust over the Stock. Have you ever tried to remove the db killer? if any difference? When i bored my engine to 1300cc my mechanic told me (he is one the best mechanic's in greece, dragster freak PANAGIOTIS BOURNAS) i should go to a longer exhaust . I dont know why , but he told me that so many times. He wanted to make a point there. i am starting putting aside money for this one http://www.chtmsnl.com/products/yamaha-v-max-gp_2034tc/. i hope i won't regret it

For the db killer not yet, i'm planning to do it soon.
I will get a video of before and after soon.
The big difference to me is the sound and the airflow which is quite bigger.

sorry for my english, longer exhaust i mean the lenght of the exhaust can. i was thinking and about marks pipe , i know from this forum that works very well and hp gain. i also consider steve taylor's hand made system's. i am not in a hurry, i wanna be sure what i buy, wont get my eye bored.... in sometime, and of course hp increase. i ll get you posted

Its all good, Im not an english linguist either.

How about the exhoust sound restrictions(max dB) in grecce?
Im riding for about a year with Marks, they are loud but cops
dont mind that, yet.
Marks pipes sound like small block cheavy!

The biggest advantage of Marks Exhaust is that they are very well priced.
You will pay about 100$ for shipping.
Talk to forum gyus, Im sure someone will help ya to grab them.

Last edited:
i have no problem with police, they don't bother me, i am in the hellenic coast guard antiterrorist team, under water demolition, is like your us.seal team but int the coast guard. i have my supertrapp without the end cops. after the supertrapp which in my opinion without the endcops is the louder exhaust you can have on a v-max ,kerker is very close to supertrapp sound, which i also consider buying. i want to buy them all. xaxaxa i am a little bit confused.

i have no problem with police, they don't bother me, i am in the hellenic coast guard antiterrorist team, under water demolition, is like your us.seal team but int the coast guard. i have my supertrapp without the end cops. after the supertrapp which in my opinion without the endcops is the louder exhaust you can have on a v-max ,kerker is very close to supertrapp sound, which i also consider buying. i want to buy them all. xaxaxa i am a little bit confused.

So you may talk to Mark and maybe he can make shorter muffler :ummm:

Mark will make just about any size can, If you want a 3" opening he can probably do it. If you are running a bigger cc engine, he also has larger tubing for that too. I would talk to Mark and he most likely will accomodate all your exhaust needs! And it will sound awesome as well!:punk:

pcw 4 to 1 has the best top end hp gains, for more mid range go with the pcw or dale walker 4 into 2.... with the 4 into ones you have to watch out for flat spots in the low to mid range ... so longer cans might hurt you

I thought the size if the can was not changing anything but more the header.

It's not so much the size as the restriction it provide.

In simple terms:

- lots of restriction = less noise = less power

- less restriction = WAY more noise = more power

which is way a Kerker with a comp baffle makes more power (and noise) than a street one.

I get it the larger the intlet and the baffle are the better in term of power.
That's the reason why those cobras suck.
But then the size of the can, can somehow influence the restriction.

I'm pretty sure the baffle of the over racing have a large baffle, that might be the reason why the can is so big (for reducing the noise).

Am i right ? :)

Back